Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a Big Frosty sighting in the PBP thread talking about how he doesn't expect much and congratulations all of us to his south.  And in 12 hours, he'll have 12-18" while the rest of us will be mixing. :lol:

Yeah I fully expect 4" of sleet for me and pictures of Frosty and the guys in Roanoke digging their way out.

The RGEM does concern me as far as the big forecasts though. I won't complain about the 5-6" imby but it is definitely meager for a lot of people and it has been way too good to dismiss.

Only so much upside for one week. Already got a win in Chapel Hill and 2" of snow, and for that I am thankful. I can already see a big L in Boston on Sat and underperforming tonight. Just how the world turns as a State fan.

I'm a UNC grad.  I'm potentially consecutive nights of underperformance. Posting from ITB Raleigh.

Yeah I fully expect 4" of sleet for me and pictures of Frosty and the guys in Roanoke digging their way out.

The RGEM does concern me as far as the big forecasts though. I won't complain about the 5-6" imby but it is definitely meager for a lot of people and it has been way too good to dismiss.

Based off the radar I think it would be hard for you to "only" get 5-6 inches.

Did he offer any hope for higher totals at all?

The HRRR really likes the area just NW of us, but it never flips us to rain.  It has snow from about 10/11pm to about 2/3am then all sleet till about 6am then flip back to snow.  This map is just snow....

Edit:  Unfortunately the last 12 hour NW shift took us out of the 10" range by about 20 miles.

post-2311-0-80662900-1424907139_thumb.pn

^ Intereating Pack. Guess we'll see how it plays out. I'm hoping to hear that the low is tracking more easterly than progged...or something like that.

The RAP is interesting, it's done what I thought it would do, shift the heaviest precip east a little as we get closer.  Not buying the 2"+ QPF but just where the heaviest banding will be.

Edit: Personally I always like the HRRR better but some folks live and die by the RAP.

post-2311-0-85918500-1424907466_thumb.pn

There's a Big Frosty sighting in the PBP thread talking about how he doesn't expect much and congratulations all of us to his south.  And in 12 hours, he'll have 12-18" while the rest of us will be mixing. :lol:

;)

Yeah boy, I'll be sure and post pics! I wish you would call all Mets in our area ,and have them to up my totals to to over 4 inches, I might get more interested.... 12-18 LOL you drunk!!!

The HRRR really likes the area just NW of us, but it never flips us to rain.  It has snow from about 10/11pm to about 2/3am then all sleet till about 6am then flip back to snow.  This map is just snow....

Edit:  Unfortunately the last 12 hour NW shift took us out of the 10" range by about 20 miles.

My house is glowing pink!

The RAP is interesting, it's done what I thought it would do, shift the heaviest precip east a little as we get closer.  Not buying the 2"+ QPF but just where the heaviest banding will be.

Edit: Personally I always like the HRRR better but some folks live and die by the RAP.

I'll take any east shift at this point and run with it. 

Yeah boy, I'll be sure and post pics! I wish you would call all Mets in our area ,and have them to up my totals to to over 4 inches, I might get more interested.... 12-18 LOL you drunk!!!

Didn't you get an 18"er last year? I bet right up until the time it started snowing you were congratulating everyone around you and talking about lack of precip that's being modeled over you LMAO!!!!! GOOD LUCK Frosty

Did he offer any hope for higher totals at all?

Actually a good report  showed two maps with totals in Wake county.  One with 2-4 averages and one with 6-10 averages.  The snow line hovers around Wake all night and he said could be 25 mile variance (either way) in that line--so it is only a forecast.  Hence the different accumulation maps.

Archived