• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

1006 slp south of New Orleans. You can follow the 3hr pressure change and/or the wind direction and speeds. Looks like the slp is headed east northeast generally toward the Florida panhandle.

pchg.gif?1424888845148

Right we ( or at least I ) need it to come off around the FL/GA border or lower then continue to follow that line NE, anything right along the coast screws most of NC east of RDU, the more amped models bring it more into south central GA and off teh SC coast near Charleston that generally isnt good for us.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, I'll contribute to the whining.  For Upstate SC folks (mostly above 85):

1.  12z GFS looks to dry slot/change to mostly rain for us (can't tell which yet).

2.  Surface temps hampering accumulations?  Seen it too many times where it pours snow yet nothing sticks because the surface is too warm.

3.  Too much rain to begin with, even with the changeover?

Not cliff-diving, but have to throw them out there.

Dry slot in a Miller A? Surface temps? After a fairly cold February and snow yesterday? Barely breaking 40 degrees today (which isn't even the case yet)?

I'm Ron Burgundy?

Well it's over.  Storm going poof and temps torching.  :lmao:

Hoping this thread won't be need for me, but I could have used it last night looking at the hires nam.

Now that I'm 40, it's good to know that sarcasm is still funny. You were being sarcastic...no no, don't speak...you WERE being sarcastic.

Right we ( or at least I ) need it to come off around the FL/GA border or lower then continue to follow that line NE, anything right along the coast screws most of NC east of RDU, the more amped models bring it more into south central GA and off teh SC coast near Charleston that generally isnt good for us.

My intuitive sense tells me that this baby likes the ocean. I think it will generally stay just off shore- emerges into the Atlantic nearer Savannah than Charleston. 

That's what I'm hoping for. Monitoring pressure falls will be important throughout the day.

We are going to mix, probably 50/50 snow/sleet. So 3-5" of snow and potentially a lot of ice. That's how we roll in RDU now, we leave the big snows to SuperJames, LOL.

I could also see us staying 80% snow, so 6-8". Will see.

I am East of ATL and basically in line with the top of the 285 perimeter.  I think I am going to be in the hosed zone.  Snowing and not sticking... or flipping back and forth between rain and snow...

Wish I was in the guarantee zone.   :ee:

Same for my location so I guess i'm about to head to gainesville. I truly feel like this location has the potential to be a lot colder and see more snow than the models suggest with heavy precip but if not,  I just don't think i could handle the frustration of mixing or even rain while a stones throw away there is 1/4 mile or less visibility and thundersnow at 2 or 3 inches per hour. Of course the last run or two of models have decreased the total liquid for..you guessed it..gainesville. Look at the totals on the rap..it's absurd...from close to 1.25 to less than 0.75 from gainesville NE...just skips right on over where i'll be. :axe:  I'm sure that would follow me if i decided to go elsewhere :axe:

LOL, that's awful.

Don't bet against Greg.

He knows winter storm synoptics in the NC Piedmont as well as anyone.

I see what they are looking at and they have they deserve the respect and  right to make their opinion rather than regurgitating what is sent out from NWS.

Fishel will always go low and build up rather than start high and back peddle.

We'll see, it is an interesting event for all.

Agreed on that. S. GA track bad. FL good.

Quoting Marty McFly....."why do we have to always cut these things so darn close!!"

This storm will absolutely travel over or just inside Hateras. Mark this post. I don't put stock in any one model. But collectively, they are all telling us that it will be stronger and stronger. That equals left. I am just hoping to get some front in mercy flakes, after the front end rain, before the back end sleet and drizzle happens.

Don't bet against Greg.

He knows winter storm synoptics in the NC Piedmont as well as anyone.

I see what they are looking at and they have they deserve the respect and  right to make their opinion rather than regurgitating what is sent out from NWS.

Fishel will always go low and build up rather than start high and back peddle.

We'll see, it is an interesting event for all.

Elizabeth Gardner showed the graphic that Brick posted at noon and described it as an example of one of the northernmost models. She also mentioned others that were aligning further south and indicated that she thought Central NC was in for a decent snow. When pushed with a 10" question from one of the anchors - she wouldn't bite and thought that 5" might be a better bet for around Raleigh.

This storm will absolutely travel over or just inside Hateras. Mark this post. I don't put stock in any one model. But collectively, they are all telling us that it will be stronger and stronger. That equals left. I am just hoping to get some front in mercy flakes, after the front end rain, before the back end sleet and drizzle happens.

I'm fine with that. As long as it stays in Florida on its way there!! I think S. GA would take a lot of CLT out if the game.....toeing the line we are.

Dang gone I40 ERS in Winston going to have a great event again I think.

Archived