joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luckily for you, I am a mistress of espionage and clandestine intelligence-gathering.

Also, your twitter handle is listed on your posts.

OMG Hi HC!!!!!!!!

:)

I should probably write something relevant so it's not reported as banter:

Here's a link to the CWG article posted about the storm. Schoolcast to come in the afternoon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/02/25/light-to-moderate-snow-likely-for-thursday-morning-commute-with-slick-roads/#comments

Looking at radar, it really looks like the southern storm and midwest storm want to meet up.

the only thing that would argue for more phasing I see is the pressure tendency map

the northern stream slp has been weakening each hour and the southern stream strengthening and then you see this map (time sensitive)

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=3p&inv=0&t=cur

of course, the models would have to have something different to say whether there is a real chance for phasing and we need to wait for 1PM to compare the 12Z NAM/GFS 6 hour maps to reality

It was gradual....you know...like turning the titanic

lol

Also... since it is well known I am a HECS hunter, I do have a vested interest in rooting for DC and BWI.  If you look at the records of 20"+ storms up here almost every one of them DC and Baltimore got at least 8"+.  While it is very easy for my area to get a 4-8" snow without DC getting much at all, if I went an epic storm history suggests I need DC to at least get a good hit as well.  When it comes to really big HECS storms we are more all in it together. 

Archived