Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb. 26 Storm DISC+OBS

Ellinwood

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

Yeah, I screwed that joke up badly. Given consensus on 1-3, I predict unscheduled telework. Except for the FCC, which is voti on the net neutrality rules tomorrow. There, OMD will actively discourage telework. #irony. And #jk

But every school district will be accused of handling this wrong. Of that, I am sure.

I'm going to take a whack at it...

3.2" Alexandria/Fairfax line (imby)

2.3" dca

2.7" Northeast D.C. (inside Beltway)

2.4" Northwest D.C. (inside Beltway)

2.1" Fairfax City

1.7" iad

1" Frederick (Maryland)

4.7" Fredericksburg, VA

Would this be good or bad?

We all want more snow real bad. But, I'll just accept my inch and be happy. There are a ton of intense emotions about this storm sliding just to our south with torrential snows and there will be a plethora of posts like this. Even though I'm hopeful ---- In the end, the storm is a fast mover, I am in the periphery, the heavy snow is 200 miles south, and I'll be happy with my inch lol.

We all want more snow real bad. But, I'll just accept my inch and be happy. There are a ton of intense emotions about this storm sliding just to our south with torrential snows and there will be a plethora of posts like this. Even though I'm hopeful ---- In the end, the storm is a fast mover, I am in the periphery, the heavy snow is 200 miles south, and I'll be happy with my inch lol.

What is your advisory for?

You'll be dancing on black ice and piling up your 2-3" of powder in the morning. Have faith Jebman.

Looks like the rain/snow line crept north of its modeled location in Georgia. Just my weenie OBS.

The voice of reason.

I also hope for the top end of the 1-3 (or the 25% boom from CWG of 3-7) but will be happy with the 1" I receive. There are limitations on this storm and I accept them. Happy to see snow on snow and sticking around for awhile.

The voice of reason.

I also hope for the top end of the 1-3 (or the 25% boom from CWG of 3-7) but will be happy with the 1" I receive. There are limitations on this storm and I accept them. Happy to see snow on snow and sticking around for awhile.

Limitations?

Yeah and that's because its able to cover more of the storm each run Yoda.

I knew that.... um... yeah :axe:

Besides that, Bob Ryan seems to like it

Bob Ryan @BobRyanCCM 21m21 minutes ago

dProg/dt in HRRR hinting more snow DC area -southern suburbs and BIG AM rush problems. Set alarm early. School?? pic.twitter.com/iBwPwWo2Gv

Limitations?

On how much of the QPF makes it to our latitude. Most models agree that the heavy precipitation will remain to our SE. Like Jebman stated, it is a fairly quick moving system and with no phasing there is no reason to believe that the storm will be around long enough to give us more than a glancing blow.

I do hope I am wrong and that we do receive the maximum QPF but reality says "NO".

Archived