joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The wetness of this snow is amazing. Trees here in Durham are really saggy.

It is quite wet. I've noticed plops of snow falling off the hoods and trunks of cars in the parking lot too; so much that there are piles in front of the vehicles. It's still piling up pretty damn quickly though. I'll go takr a meas in a few. 

...even WXSouth said roofs could be collapsing and massive power outages...

LOL at Robert/WXSouth (even with the inflammatory language, still think he is a great, local meterologist) - remember this is the South - accumulating snow of more than 6 inches is exceedingly rare in Upstate SC - even if modeled to death for 7 days - razor thin line here for this particular storm

James/NCSnow, we look to get pasted here in the next 45 mins to an hour.  Big blobs of intense rates inbound.

Yes indeed, Its coming down hard, I've surpassed the 3 inch mark and well on my way to 4. Trees have caught every single flake. Glad I went to fill up the gas can for the generator just to be safe. Hopefully we can catch the pivot and deform band tonight once coastal officially takes over fully.

Anyway visibility is as low as its been all night, Its unreal outside. I'm gonna be dead in the a.m, and Im praying for you back to james to get plastered. It'll cause all my workers to call in and prevent me from having to drive up to GSO and unlock the doors tomorrow,

I cant help but just stare out the window, like a little kid. 

Ballantyne area of South Charlotte, got steady snow from about 7:00 to 8:30pm, maybe an inch tops, and has been all steady rain since. What a joke. Our immediate forecast went from 2-4" monday to 3-6" yesterday to 7-11" today...lol. Sure those bands might come through later and drop some snow but cmon, bring on the warm sunshine!!!!

It was clear for over 24 hours now that significant accumulation would not occur in the immediate Charlotte area primarily due to surface dew points and no source of incoming cold air at the right levels from the north. It's not an easy job for the NWS to perform and overall they do a superb job. If this had been the Monday night event, it could have played out differently.

Archived