joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wife is asleep now but wow at the radar returns over my house, I bet it's just ripping out there.  Sucks to be in Indiana at the moment.  Anyone around Mt Holly/Mt Island Lake to confirm

I'm very close -- is the the banding that people are talking about?  It's intense right now -- strongest snow since last year when we got a foot up here.

Wife is asleep now but wow at the radar returns over my house, I bet it's just ripping out there. Sucks to be in Indiana at the moment. Anyone around Mt Holly/Mt Island Lake to confirm?

Dude, i went from milwaukuee to minneapolis today and all I've seen is a few piles of black snow. I flew over more snow coverage in the Apps yesterday than they have up here. And I am missing the big one! Grrr.....

Dude, i went from milwaukuee to minneapolis today and all I've seen is a few piles of black snow. I flew over more snow coverage in the Apps yesterday than they have up here. And I am missing the big one! Grrr.....

I was down in Bloomington and Bedford last week and this weekend so I've gotten my fair share of snow already these 2 weeks, on Saturday it was just putting it down in Bedford, half dollar size flakes.  Total accumulation for the 7 days had to be in the 16"+ range since they had a foot from two events early and mid week and then 3-6" Saturday.

I'm a meteorologist who recently moved to Raleigh a couple months ago (I'm not NWS or involved in a local station). I enjoy the discussions on these boards! As a recently moved Ohioan I say hello :). I will give a more professional opinion on the storm soon. However, I believe it looks good (obviously) for the Triangle.

I'm a meteorologist who recently moved to Raleigh a couple months ago (I'm not NWS or involved in a local station). I enjoy the discussions on these boards! As a recently moved Ohioan I say hello :). I will give a more professional opinion on the storm soon. However, I believe it looks good (obviously) for the Triangle.

Dude, let one of the moderators know so you can get a red tag. :)

Welcome!

I agree. Temps need to drop below freezing soon or we'll struggle to make use of all this heavy snow.

Indeed they do; TWC is on in the background though and they keep focusing on Raleigh metro. Still saying between midnight and 3 heavy snow with potential for 6" in that period. That would be 2"/hour obviously, would be nice for that to verify but i just don't know. If it did we would probably finish at a good 8 or 9"...there's 2" otg right now here. 

Archived