Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we have to wait for that ULL to swing through. Once those bands setup just after 12am or so we will know. That is where we will have sustained 1-2 inch rates. I think 6-8 is still not out of the question...possibly 8-10.

Interesting...guess I'll have to pour a few more glasses of vino and see if you verify....lol. If not... It's your ass!

Seems to be mostly snow here, but some of the snow is crunchy, so it must be graupel. No outright sleet. Where I was in east Durham was regular nice snow. By the radar, looks like we might be fighting sleet for a while. I'm looking at y'all making obs in Cary and Morrisville to keep me sane!

I'm located a few miles west of Southpoint, FWIW.

Thanks! I just want to see it come down hard and pile up a little. I don't care if it's the big totals or not. Already covered the road.

CR I'm happy for you as well. Also if your snow that makes my prospects for staying snow much better, So here's to you getting a ton...

Currently I'm at 31.8 degrees with over an inch and building fast.

About an inch and a half here.  Pine trees are beginning to get weighed down significantly.  Hoping to slip a few more degrees below freezing so that this snow isn't so wet.  Not looking forward to any power outages :(

Seems to be mostly snow here, but some of the snow is crunchy, so it must be graupel. No outright sleet. Where I was in east Durham was regular nice snow. By the radar, looks like we might be fighting sleet for a while. I'm looking at y'all making obs in Cary and Morrisville to keep me sane!

I'm located a few miles west of Southpoint, FWIW.

Hey bud, I'm VERY close to 751 and O'Kelly Chapel and it's absolutely ripping.  I think you're in a good spot being so close to S. Durham and Southpoint mall.

That looks wild in eastern NC. Is it?

I think what is going to be wild is those heavy bands stretching from Roanoke all the way to Birmingham beginning to wrap/pivot.  If that makes it to central NC where the RAP & HRRR set up we will get those numbers I suspect...at least somewhere.

It picks up quickly in intensity. Moderate snow at my location just North of town and already a dusting in the grass. Temp 34.4 with a dew point of 22.4

It finally is starting to stick on the rhododendrons here and grassy areas. The rate hasn't changed but the temp is dropping, now at 34.

I'm south of you by 5 miles, if that.

I think what is going to be wild is those heavy bands stretching from Roanoke all the way to Birmingham beginning to wrap/pivot.  If that makes it to central NC where the RAP & HRRR set up we will get those numbers I suspect...at least somewhere.

I think we get a minor-modest amount up here and great that you all are getting a big one.

No more than an inch here in Easley so far. Right at 32 with all rain right now :(

You almost have to laugh. Laughter is the only way to overcome a BUST like this. I have seen busts but OMG. THis is as epic a BUST as it was supposed to be epic!!!! If that makes sense... If we get to two inches, I'll be shocked. Far cry from 6+

Archived