Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow what a weird day lol. Ob 1: 30 and sunny and 1.5" on the ground. Everything is covered, roads mixed

Ob2 - ga govt media and public has gone crazy lol. Weather weenies are beside themselves with excitement. Calling for 4-8 here

if you only got 4 that would be really surprising. I feel like you will probably get closer to 10. The only limit is amount of precip, not temps where you are. higher models seem to want to focus a strong band right along i-85. really feel like something special is on the way for the 85 corridor.

as for here, completely clouded over and 31. already virga on radar over ga.

if you only got 4 that would be really surprising. I feel like you will probably get closer to 10. The only limit is amount of precip, not temps where you are. higher models seem to want to focus a strong band right along i-85. really feel like something special is on the way for the 85 corridor.

as for here, completely clouded over and 31. already virga on radar over ga.

Precip from Ms/AL is absolutely screaming east......God, if we could get some evaporative cooling really early to hold down temps this could epic. I didn't want to see this start at 4 PM.

- Buck

29.2 in Greenville with pretty clear skies. Looks like clouds should move in soon. About an hour or so.

Yep, my temps in Taylors got to 28. 32 now. But we will find it hard to reach 40 today. Already have significant cloud cover.

Transition to snow will more than likely happen very quickly I-85 and above.

Lovely morning - when the sun rose the clouds were thin enough to be tinted pink and red.  Sadly I didn't have my camera with me, we were out running errands.  Clouds have since thickened up.  What birds haven't fled for the winter are BUSY this morning, chattering loudly while they get ready!

Overnight, we got down to 26.  We are now at 28, dewpoint 26.

(Everyone in this house is so excited, "WINTER IS COMING" are the words of the day.   :snowing: )

Precip from Ms/AL is absolutely screaming east......God, if we could get some evaporative cooling really early to hold down temps this could epic. I didn't want to see this start at 4 PM.

- Buck

The 12z nam is showing 1.5 liquid from atlanta to athens and i can honestly say i have no idea if it's going to be 10 inches of snow or a mix and cold rain without much accumulation. One freaking degree on the nam is all that separates a lot of areas around atlanta and athens from something truly historical and the biggest screwjob ever. Even a half a degree cooler would make a big difference. of course it could be the other way and a half a degree warmer and a lot of areas see much more mixing and a lot less snow totals too. unbelievably hard storm to forecast for in the atlanta to athens areas. further north it's much more straight forward but there is a good bit less precip to work with. i-85 would appear to be the sweet spot if i had to call it now

Temps have held rock steady overnight/this morning at 32 degree's here. We have a very thick low cloud cover right now. Maybe it will stick around until the thicker midlevel clouds move in?

Holding at 34 here with a thick cloud cover already. in fact there is a lot of virga here already looking outside. Hard to see temps rising much more looking at radar. If i had to guess maybe 36 or 37 with even lower temps west of here thanks to even thicker clouds and precip starting in the next hour or two

The 12z nam is showing 1.5 liquid from atlanta to athens and i can honestly say i have no idea if it's going to be 10 inches of snow or a mix and cold rain without much accumulation. One freaking degree on the nam is all that separates a lot of areas around atlanta and athens from something truly historical and the biggest screwjob ever. Even a half a degree cooler would make a big difference. of course it could be the other way and a half a degree warmer and a lot of areas see much more mixing and a lot less snow totals too. unbelievably hard storm to forecast for in the atlanta to athens areas. further north it's much more straight forward but there is a good bit less precip to work with. i-85 would appear to be the sweet spot if i had to call it now

NAM being much wetter is no surprise given its wet and overamping bias as well as its track being further north, which I don't buy. I am thinking at least ~0.75" average for ATL-AHN corridor with up to ~1" reasonable possibility. 0.75-1" is plenty big.

It is completely overcast at GT. The temp is above freezing, at 33. RH at 67%, wetbulb at 29.4.

Apparently, the low has initialized a bit further south and it's more cloudy than expected. Good trends, but there's still a ways to go and a lot can still go wrong; still plenty of time for the Atlanta Crusher or #RainDay2015.

Good morning y'all. Checking in at 30.2 here with nice thick clouds. There's even a few patches of snow left on the ground. I have to say the freezing fog last night was really interesting to see. I don't know what to expect here, but I'm going to try to enjoy every single flake I get. 

Hope y'all get plastered.  :snowman:  :thumbsup:

Here in southeast Bartow county, it's cloudy, 31 degrees. Reports of black ice from all around my neighborhood - we had quite a lot of the freezing fog overnight here around Lake Allatoona. And my whole family is periodically seeing very, very light recip of some sort - flurries or sleet, not rain. Definitely didn't expect to see anything, even this light, this early.

Archived