ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please take the honors in starting the bust thread.

You want no one other's input other than your own when you declare to our forum members in Charlotte that they are going to be crushed by a foot of snow. It is not right for you to do that without any significant understanding of atmospheric physics. Just because you latch on to a model that shows what you would like to happen in your back yard does not make it news worthy to others. Your wishcasting is totally out of control and a disservice to others who participate in our forum in a collaborative manner that promotes an enjoyable positive experience in the study and discussion of meteorology without personally attacking professional members just because their analysis if it will snow in your backyard is different from yours.

You should know by now that significant snow in your part of South Carolina is a relatively rare event once every 5 years or so. This storm has been border line at best in your area since day one. It also has been a tough winter for snow here in the mountains. We have been nickled and dimed all winter until finally getting some significant snow last week.

I am glad you find pleasure in following meteorology and I would hope you will be more considerate and thoughtful of the feelings and contributions of our many fine contributing members of our forum.

It's just snow....please get over it. You have an invitation to come up and alpine or cross country ski anytime. Ski rental and lift tickets are on us.

I started a BUST Thread myself. I'm betting it gets deleted before anyone can reply.

Again, December '02. Winter Storm Warning and end up with just cloudy skies if that. That was a whole storm never materializing, a precip type/accumulation bust by just 20 miles doesn't even come close to that IMO.

And that's what it really comes down to. 20 miles. I've oscillated ptypes like never before in this storm.

CC radar is showing a transition headed quickly NE. Maybe it'll subside, but it needs to do that soon.

Snow is still pouring down. I measured anywhere between 2-5", more in grassy areas, less on the sidewalks, though still got 3"+ on some sidewalk areas. Noticed more wind too, but nothing big. Also no thundersnow :(.

Yeah about 4" average here, it definitely does vary in spots though. I too noticed the wind, it's slightly concerning since I've started hearing a couple small branches fall nearby. Anyways, here's to hoping we get 6"+ and still have the lights on come tomorrow morning.  :thumbsup:

How do you think the radar is looking?

Not great but we can probably squeeze out another couple inches. After that we'd need help from the coastal to go big and that seems unlikely.

And like everyone is saying on a 10-15 minute walk I saw 2 large branches come down and many that looked to be struggling. That's with 4 inches. I can't imagine what 2 or 3 times this much will/would do.

Just wanted to stop in and say congratulations to everyone getting plastered tonight! We ended up with around 2 inches down here NW of Atlanta. It's a little disheartening to imagine what could have been had we stayed all snow and been a degree or two colder, but I truly enjoyed this storm. I will never forget watching those massive flakes fall from the sky. Highly doubt I'll ever see any as big as those ever again in my life.

Good luck guys!  :snowing:  :snowman:

Archived