• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

It should rotate through,that looks like it'll be our only chance for any accumulation tonight. Like Phil said.....the warm nose took over this evening and said enough snow for ya'll. I'm curious if any in NE Georgia are reporting all snow at this hour.

- Buck

Yea, Just talked to my Dad. He lives on a ridge about 3000ft above Young Harris and he said its been snowing moderately since 4 pm. He got 6 inches out of yesterdays storm.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC

754 PM EST WED FEB 25 2015

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0725 PM SLEET 2 W GOOSE CREEK 32.98N 80.07W

02/25/2015 E0.0 INCH CHARLESTON SC SOCIAL MEDIA

THUNDER WITH RAIN MIXED WITH SLEET REPORTED AT

CHARLESTON SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY.

&&

EVENT NUMBER CHS1500166

My inch shriveled to .75 due to sleet/rain. No way we get 4" out of this imo...hopefully I'm wrong. Need some serious banding of SNOW to appear...

edit: now back to huge flakes. Rollercoaster ride continues!

rollercoaster is a mild understatement. at least we know where the rain/sleet/snow line is, right over our back yards

I wouldn't throw in the towel until you see an extended period of heavy rain. It isn't hard to go back to snow from sleet and you may get hit pretty hard from the coastal much later.

The sleet won't necessarily translate north.  The radar shows bright banding from large wet flakes as well.  With that in mind it certainly could be sleet as the atmosphere continues to cool thermodynamically.

Thanks guys. At least it aint raining!

Why is this a good thing? What does it do in the atmosphere compared to large, wet ones?

It generally means there's warmer air in the higher levels....Snow melts and stick together creating the larger snow flakes. Smaller snow flakes means it's colder in the upper atmosphere because the flakes aren't sticking together with each other.

Bigger snowflakes means there's always a chance it could transition towards sleet or rain.

Im not freaking out. Its just this snow at the beginning isnt going to do much for accumulations if its going to change back to rain before changing back to snow around midnight which is a little later than most thought.

It wasn't supposed to start as snow to begin with and it did.

Why is everyone freaking out about that?

Light rain/snow mix here in Durham. Assuming it will change to all snow here shortly, especially when rates pick up.

What part of Durham? I'm in Durham too and we had about 5 mins of rain/snow mix but it's been all snow since. I daresay moderately heavy snow now, cars are getting covered.

Wow.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHARLESTON SC

754 PM EST WED FEB 25 2015

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0725 PM SLEET 2 W GOOSE CREEK 32.98N 80.07W

02/25/2015 E0.0 INCH CHARLESTON SC SOCIAL MEDIA

THUNDER WITH RAIN MIXED WITH SLEET REPORTED AT

CHARLESTON SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY.

&&

EVENT NUMBER CHS1500166

Just a cold raw rain here on James Island. About 39 degrees, but it has been pouring for last 2 hours.

It generally means there's warmer air in the higher levels....Snow melts and stick together creating the larger snow flakes. Smaller snow flakes means it's colder in the upper atmosphere because the flakes aren't sticking together with each other.

Bigger snowflakes means there's always a chance it could transition towards sleet or rain.

Thanks and good!  Because mine are small and spaced far apart. Looks like there isn't much coming down but the grass is getting covered.

rollercoaster is a mild understatement. at least we know where the rain/sleet/snow line is, right over our back yards

I really can't believe that you're rain up there, I really would've thought that by now you'd be all snow that far in NE Ga.    Not really sure why I'm surprised I suppose, but I did figure that anything to the NE of Hall county would be ok.

- Buck

Archived