joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snowing in Stallings, NC in Union County according to my wife. Thought this was supposed to start as rain? lol

It was just cloudy about an hour ago when I went into the Harris Teeter on Potter Rd to pick up some "essentials" (i.e.: beer and wine). When I came out, it was snowing huge flakes. Not sticking yet, but, patience my dear padawan...patience!

This one " per hour guidance is also backed up by the recent SPC mesoscale discussion.

I believe Robert statement was possible 2 to 3 inch rates per hour

Sent from my iPhone

Something always goes wrong here next to the mountains in Upstate SC. I would not want to have to forecast for this area. Mostly, I take Robert's stuff to the bank, but this just shows you that even the best can be off a bit. Will just have to have faith and keep watching I guess, but we have wasted a lot of precip so far and the rates here are dismal. I hope my Charlotte friends can cash in on something.

Something always goes wrong here next to the mountains in Upstate SC. I would not want to have to forecast for this area. Mostly, I take Robert's stuff to the bank, but this just shows you that even the best can be off a bit. Will just have to have faith and keep watching I guess, but we have wasted a lot of precip so far and the rates here are dismal. I hope my Charlotte friends can cash in on something.

If you get banded, it will light you up. Hard to forecast where the banding will set up. Right now good banding across southern Rutherford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking at radarscope, looks like the rn/snow line is just west of southern pines.  looks like raleigh may not start as much rain at all and we should have a quick changeover to snow.

Charlotte was supposed to get an hour of rain before the snow. Started out as all snow. Not sure you're gonna have to worry about rain at the beginning atleast.

Archived