• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 25th-26th Winter Storm OBS

superjames1992

ok i am trying to stay calm and not make a complete weenie post but dangit i cant help it lol.  you would not BELIEVE how hard it is snowing here right now.  quartersize flakes and larger, you can hear the snow flakes.  it got neighbors out staring and going OMG can you believe how hard it is snowing.

amazing.  the roads are now completely covered and all "old snow" covered. this is hard to believe.  i dont think i have seen it snow this hard in ga ever, and the last time i saw anything like this was the 1996 blizzard in the mid atl. holy cow

edited to add: i came in from walking in the snow and made the post without reading any others

That band that started about 4:30 here was incredible. Heaviest snow I've ever seen. The flakes were almost tennis ball sized and I'm sure others nearby can back that statement up. Just went out and measure and we are right at 1.5". 

Light rain mixed with sleet currently with a temp of 32.6

We've got to get some heavier returns in here and take that snow line back south. 

yes i will completely back you up. those snowflakes are monster size.  i have never seen it snow this hard in ga.

second edit: 2.5" on the deck.  1.5 of that was from the storm the other day.  we got about 1" in 30 min - that is amazing

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure. It's light rain right now.

Well what is probably happening is that the rate is so light the snow is melting below the scanning level of the radar. This suggests that its the boundary layer and not any potential warm nose aloft that is resulting in the changeover. This should quickly change as rates start to increase significantly and consistently. 

Well what is probably happening is that the rate is so light the snow is melting below the scanning level of the radar. This suggests that its the boundary layer and not any potential warm nose aloft that is resulting in the changeover. This should quickly change as rates start to increase significantly and consistently. 

Sky looks slate.  Initial band knocking on the door.  Sure you are correct.  Next 20 minutes will be 'interesting'.

Finally all snow and BIG UNS!!

lol if that is the band here that i thought was impressive as it moved through here, just wait.  the next one is even better!!  there have been 2" per hour rate for just over half an hour. picked up one inch - roads went from wet to snow covered.

Get it son!!

Sent from my iPhone

lol if that is the band here that i thought was impressive as it moved through here, just wait.  the next one is even better!!  there have been 2" per hour rate for just over half an hour. picked up one inch - roads went from wet to snow covered.

Flat out impressed with intensity and flake size! Starting to stick too! Temps are crashing was 37 when the mix started now 33.

Still nothing but light rain here by the Donaldson Center. Ahhhh! Someone talk me off the ledge!

Nothing to worry about... once the rates start to increase it should flip to all snow. Everyone upstream in northeast GA and those in Oconee and Pickens county have confirmed as much. 

35 here in Easley, rain snow mix. Looks to me like half the storm has passed on radar and nothing but rain for the last hour and a half. I have to think this is going to kill our totals watching all of this wasted on rain so far, but I'm not a weather expert like many on here. I pray something changes soon.

35 here in Easley, rain snow mix. Looks to me like half the storm has passed on radar and nothing but rain for the last hour and a half. I have to think this is going to kill our totals watching all of this wasted on rain so far, but I'm not a weather expert like many on here. I pray something changes soon.

Be patient.  Besides .02" of rain ain't killing nothing.   LOL

At least I set my expectations low before this storm began once I saw model trends. This clearly wasn't my winter. Still rain...thought I would have changed over by now, but clearly not...I guess I have to hope that maybe the cold low core tracks over me or something...get back end snow because yeah...this is not going to work out. This is like the 5th storm now since 2011 where I'm not outside looking in while those just north of me gets buckets of snow.

Archived