Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter Storm Feb 25 and 26

nrgjeff

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other time of the winter you'd see everything getting shifted northward,another annoying winter

This started as a gulf coast snowstorm several days ago, so in reality it has shifted north. GFS was totally dry for me as late as yesterday. Can't say I've been too impressed with the "new and improved" GFS in this pattern.

This started as a gulf coast snowstorm several days ago, so in reality it has shifted north. GFS was totally dry for me as late as yesterday. Can't say I've been too impressed with the "new and improved" GFS in this pattern.

either way,maybe we'll get an inch out of this  if we are lucky,gives give us 3 one inch events the last four year..yeehaw

From the SE sub-forum:

The mean snowfall is a bit deceptive because they still seems to be a spread among the members. Almost all of the arw members show something like this:

iYA7yDQ.gif

Granted, this is overdone, but it does realize the potential here. The NMM panels from the sref are total different with minimal snowfall for the most part.

Latest from WPC, while I would like to be in the red areas, Chatt, Knox and Tri aren't in bad positioning.  All 3 fall in WPC moderate risk of 4" or more.  I still think all 3 locations in East get to 4", Chatt may do better.  I still think the precip shield is under modeled. 

Seems overnight MRX upgraded SE TN counties to Warning calling for 3-6" and WWA for the rest of east TN for 2-4".  I suspect after the event begins to unfold the warnings will spread further.

zny6UUF.jpg

Latest from WPC, while I would like to be in the red areas, Chatt, Knox and Tri aren't in bad positioning.  All 3 fall in WPC moderate risk of 4" or more.  I still think all 3 locations in East get to 4", Chatt may do better.  I still think the precip shield is under modeled. 

Seems overnight MRX upgraded SE TN counties to Warning calling for 3-6" and WWA for the rest of east TN for 2-4".  I suspect after the event begins to unfold the warnings will spread further.

zny6UUF.jpg

Time and time again the northern shield of precip is underdone with these types of lows - and we just saw that happen yesterday with a similar low.

We've had a lot of last minute surprises in the last 2 weeks from a snow storm that turned into an ice storm, a clipper that was originally a non-event that gave Knoxville 2" of snow, a 'front end only' storm that ended up barely even changing over to rain, talk of all the snow melting with the rain on saturday - when it really only partially melted by Monday, and Monday night's system which was 'only' forecast to have an inch or less and ended up in spots around Knoxville to 3" - including my house.

I'm pretty sure we're going to be 'surprised' by this storm. I just hope it's surprised in a good way.

Archived