SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Storm Feb 25 and 26

nrgjeff

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18Z NAM is a hair south with the axis of heaviest snow...still greater than 0.5" liquid in Chatt...still waiting for boundary layer to saturate before the flakes come down but that is life on the northern edge...I am not sure what is up with that run of the HRRR but it is not a classic style dry slot....

So, I am assuming that MRX is disregarding the 18z NAM, the last few runs of the RAP, the Euro, to some extent the UKI...and they must be riding with the GFS/HRRR.  Yesterday morning, we had dozens of cars stranded in Kingsport because the NWS didn't alert anyone to the snow impacts until it was too late and many had already gone to bed by the time the advisories were issued.  They better get this one right.

18z NAM virtually erases any trace of a shadow in the NE Valley. 

Meanwhile, we can kiss Charlotte and Raleigh goodbye...

Yeah, definitely comforting to see that feature gone.

NAM, RAP,  and HRRR look to be in agreement. 3-6 inches seems like a good bet at this point which is more than the 2-4" advisory indicates.

MRX just not impressed with these totals for the central valley, my forecast is down to 1-3 lol.

Yeah my point forecast says the same thing while under a WSW at my location.  Zones don't say that.  Zones have Knox area 2-4 still, and Chatt area 3-6 still.

I think I remember someone saying the point forecast are computer generated.  Zone forecasts are not.

Archived