Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man. ;)

I dunno could be short range model shenanigans. Why are the globals not picking it up?

oh if I had to bet anything I cared about on it I would guess it is just the sref and nam being goofy. But what I'm curious to see is how the individual srefs that give us a big snow get it done. Just to see what trend would be good on the 12z globals. They obviously are phasing the northern stream vort to have 20" solutions. But do they speed the vort up, slow down the stj, or are they popping a second low Friday like some globals hinted at a few days ago.

NAM looks pretty similar to 06z through 36.  Much further north with the northern extent of the precip shield than the euro.

Yes it is. Seeing the timing really hasn't changed much, the energy must be speeding up and catching to turn and phase a bit.

Not buying the giant amounts, but looks like many gonna see snow again.

Srefs don't really phase the northern stream vort they just eject the stj system more intact and let it amp more. The northern stream vort still digs in Friday but by then everything is well ots. The flowis prigressive so that's working against it but there is enough room to let it come north if the stj does come out stronger.post-2304-0-94099200-1424788069_thumb.jp

ugh i hate seeing places south get crushed.

if that was us right now with 45 hrs+/- to go, would you feel at all comfortable? I sure as he!! wouldn't because I know it would be drifting north

vort isn't bad either

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=042ℑ=data%2Fnam%2F12%2Fnam_namer_042_500_vort_ht.gif&model=nam&area=namer&param=500_vort_ht&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150224+12+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

if that was us right now with 45 hrs+/- to go, would you feel at all comfortable? I sure as he!! wouldn't because I know it would be drifting north

vort isn't bad either

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=042ℑ=data%2Fnam%2F12%2Fnam_namer_042_500_vort_ht.gif&model=nam&area=namer&param=500_vort_ht&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20150224+12+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

yeah I've liked the vort it's big and beefy if a bit strung out and climbs late.. would have thought it would shift things more in our favor at this point but hard to hug the SREF. 

vort isn't bad either

usually where the confluence is marks the northward extent of where precip could get. That's not until central pa. Our issue is if the flow is too progressive to let this amplify enough to max out its ccb qpf. But the vort passage is nearly perfect actually.

vort isn't bad either

You would think, like wow, with that look. Eh. How many times can we be Cinderella?

Archived