Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I just replayed the past 8 hrs of radar and noticed that the returns were rarely over me yet here I am with 1-2".  Almost like it blew off the mtns and here is where is landed.  That does happen to the foothills but not this far east.

Went to the store at 7:30 --- roads were covered at 8:00. Got to drive about 2 minutes behind a DOT truck laying down brine, so MY lane was pretty clear... until I got off 70. Side roads are packed powder even though we've only had about ½". Still enough to spin tires.

Drove into work...wouldn't recommend it. Super icy at intersections.  Think we'll see the sun today? The water content of the snow is minimal and it's not going to be more than an inch here.  I think we'll be fine once the snow stops.  Gonna ride it out here and see what happens.

I agree about the intersections. I was pissed off that my boss told me he expected me to show up today. I didn't like how my car was handling through the intersections I dealt with.

I agree about the intersections. I was pissed off that my boss told me he expected me to show up today. I didn't like how my car was handling through the intersections I dealt with.

You should ask him how he feels about paying your deductible if you were to get in a wreck. Take your time buddy. US 1 in Cary was a mess near 64 intersection.

I think that's why the roads are so treacherous in the Triangle. 21 degrees here and 27 in Clayton.  Cars hover over the intersections. Melt the snow and then it just refreezes.  It doesn't even look like snow on the roads and i'm still slipping. Just crazy.

Archived