Dano62
February 23rd & 24th Winter Weather Discussion/OBS

Hvward

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From GSP

AN INVERTED SFC TROF

IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP ALONG AND WEST OF THE SAVANNAH RIVER VALLEY.

THE COMBINATION OF LLVL CONVERGENCE...UPSLOPE FLOW...AND MID/UPPER

FORCING SHOULD SUPPORT AN EXPANDING AREA OF PRECIP LATE TONIGHT

ACROSS THE MTNS AND UPPER SAVANNAH RIVER VALLEY. DURING THE PRE DAWN

HOURS...HIGH PRESSURE RIDGING WILL RAPIDLY INCREASE ACROSS THE

CENTRAL CAROLINAS...RESULTING IN COLD AIR DAMMING. THIS PATTERN WILL

SUPPORT CAA ACROSS THE FORECAST AREA THROUGH SUNRISE. THERMAL

PROFILES INDICATES THAT THE PRECIP WILL FALL PRIMARILY AS SNOW.

This inverted upper level loft was noticed by one of our posters earlier today. Future radar shows this thing blowing up for western upstate.

If the RGEM holds serve and the NAM brings the goods again later tonight I wonder if RAH will pull the trigger on WWAs for the Triangle

funny enough, the accumulation being shown is enough for winter storm criteria. Tough decision for RAH, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some advisories or watches go flying if rgem holds serve.

Per WRAL, 

Raleigh has an 80 percent chance of receiving up to an inch of snow by Tuesday afternoon, WRAL Chief Meteorologist Greg Fishel said.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/triangle-expected-to-receive-1-2-punch-of-snow-this-week/14465363/#xq0dPQktbAbQK0ox.99

Despite,what everyone thinks we've received.  We haven't had one system give us an inch of anything all season.  I got about 3/4 of sleet with the main storm last week and 1/2 snow with the convective snow a couple days later.  1" of snow would be great!

WRAL just said flurries for Raleigh possible tomorrow. Didn't acknowledge that there could be more up this way. I certainly wouldn't go all in on the NAM either. But it'll be interesting to see what they say if the RGEM holds serve and the GFS comes onboard. Their in-house model showed very very little north of Fayetteville.

WRAL just said flurries for Raleigh possible tomorrow. Didn't acknowledge that there could be more up this way. I certainly wouldn't go all in on the NAM either. But it'll be interesting to see what they say if the RGEM holds serve and the GFS comes onboard. Their in-house model showed very very little north of Fayetteville.

nam got whipped last week.  i dont buy these high amounts even if we are 18hrs out.  a dusting sure, but not even close to 2".

You got a lot colder uh? I'll be damned...i heard you might :whistle:

I always envy you because you get colder so much easier/quicker  than here. Still 45 here.

btw you will be happy with the latest rap..0.50 up your way

lol hmmmm i dont know where i might have heard that :pimp:  its still hard to believe sometimes, esp as much as we get burned by cold chasing moisture in n ga

am hoping this gives a lot of us some flakes

Archived