• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

CTL's lates discuss from 6:39 said warm air isn't exciting the LSV and they don't expect snow until 06z Thursday. Said they'll have to lower totals.

That makes no sense.  My point and click this morning said that the precip would not be all snow until 06Z.  There's been no change in the expected timing.  They had the mix beginning at 03Z, which is in about a half hour.  I think they are going to overreact to the reductions and then bust low.  They have me as 1 to 3 overnight with 2 to 4 tomorrow.  That's a range of 3-7" which sounds reasonable. 

This see-sawing back and forth with accumulations is making me nauseous.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes no sense.  My point and click this morning said that the precip would not be all snow until 06Z.  There's been no change in the expected timing.  They had the mix beginning at 03Z, which is in about a half hour.  I think they are going to overreact to the reductions and then bust low.  They have me as 1 to 3 overnight with 2 to 4 tomorrow.  That's a range of 3-7" which sounds reasonable. 

This see-sawing back and forth with accumulations is making me nauseous.

Yup!  No wonder the general public gets confused. Storm didnt begin and they change accum 3 times.

Downgraded to WWA for Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry and Lebanon Counties. 3-5 inches.

Well...doesn't that present an interesting dilemma?  What is going to happen when everyone around here is closing in on 6" and the storm still has hours to go?  Has anyone ever seen a WSW downgrade followed by a WSW upgrade?  I wonder if they are even allowed to make a third change to the warnings?

So, the NAM bumps us back up and the SREF's increase the mean by 50%.  Hold on to your seats folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Oh they did cancel the WSW after all. Go figure.

WHTM for the win?

CTP must be going for their record of the number of forecasts for 1 event

before it even starts. During The last 2 events over the last 2 weekends they must have changed the snow amounts 10 times. I wish for just 1 time, they would make a forecast and stick with it until the event at least gets underway.

All of the guidance today has done nothing but ramp up amounts, so I have

no idea why they downgraded at this time.

I have no idea what ABC-27 is basing their forecast on.

That's an enormous spread considering we are essentially 18 hours from this storm being DONE

It seems likely that tomorrow will be a rough day for many meteorologists out there as there will probably be many busts hi and low with this system.

AllWeather,

How have the HRRR & RAP preformed out near Kentucky today? The last few runs they have been consistently showing nice snow amount in Harrisburg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems likely that tomorrow will be a rough day for many meteorologists out there as there will probably be many busts hi and low with this system.

AllWeather,

How have the HRRR & RAP preformed out near Kentucky today? The last few runs they have been consistently showing nice snow amount in Harrisburg

Sent from my iPhone

That's a good question that I don't know the answer to. Haven't been putting my view in that area all day, so I couldn't say. Should be honing in now, so I would imagine what you see till tomorrow AM is pretty close.

Been snowing here for hours but just not heavy enough to do anything.

Steady light snow here, same deal so far.. not much accumulation. Bit of a dusting on the cars and probably on the snow. 

AllWeather,

Sent from my iPhone

My uncle in Paducah, KY is getting hammered pretty good as forecasted.. looking at a 6-10" snowfall. He had 10"+ from the 2-16/17 storm, which I'm beginning to wonder if this storm ends up being similar to how that one played out...where we see the max amounts in the Ohio Valley/KY in particular and decent amounts but not widespread snowbomb amounts east of the Apps. 

I've had 1 storm this year that took about 30 hours to get over 6" and he's going to get two in the same season where a 6"+ storm is more of a once every few years type ordeal. 

KY I-24 Exit 4

post-1507-0-65163700-1425526273_thumb.jp

http://511.ky.gov/kylb/cameras/routeselect.jsf?textOnly=false

Archived