• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

With a robust +AO/NAO and a southeast ridge, I think I'd rather be in central PA than DC or even northern MD. I know many of you think I-95 is always the sweet spot, but we've got all kinds of issues with timing of the front, temps above the 850 level, and possible prolonged sleet. If I had to put my money on any of the recent runs, I'd go with the UKMET (though its QPF may be overdone). This has time to nudge north.

Thanks for your thoughts Fozz!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your thoughts Fozz!

Sure thing! I wouldn't be surprised if even the LSV has a period of sleet, with heavier totals north of the turnpike. Just a hunch though, but it's a highly volatile setup and I don't think it's done shifting.

S&S on board I am 120% in LOL

smh @ those hacks  :facepalm:

If only.

snow60.gif

No central Pennsylvania snow-hole in that map!  I wonder how much snow it shows for tomorrow since it's the snowfall over the entire run.

I don't understand how this hi-res nam can show such a drastic difference in accumulations vs. the instant wxmap that was just posted giving southern counties almost nothing.  Is the hi-res NAM a totally different model independent of the regular NAM, or is it using the same data but just with a tighter grid?

Archived