joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like we're starting to see that well advertised late storm split starting to occur, though it seems the slot is further east more over the Sus Valley and NE PA and that secondary heavier precip area is further east/southeast. We'll have to see if this stuff mounting a charge in western PA get off the mountains and slide across the state. Looks like some kind of line of heavy snow embedded in that. 2001kx must be seein some pretty intense snowfall attm.   

Just got in from plowing and snowmobiling. That heavy band that went through was fun (huge flakes)

we are up to 5.4" and still snowing although lighter now.

Total snow on ground 19"

What's unfortunate is I can't really see the radar that well on my phone so I can't see how much longer it'll last. From what I see there is nothing on radar but I still have frzn

Yea alot of the lingering light stuff falling now in your area is under the CCX radar beam. WGAL's live radar show's a thin area of light precip falling in a corridor from Harrisburg to Lebanon, and on eastward. 

Radar shows nothng but def have frzn light rain now.

Idiot neighbor shoveled my sidewalk.

Lol

Yea alot of the lingering light stuff falling now in your area is under the CCX radar beam. WGAL's live radar show's a thin area of light precip falling in a corridor from Harrisburg to Lebanon, and on eastward.

Watching icesicle s growing on light standard at firehouse across the stree

Quick OT, That 18z  :weenie: hr NAM looked pretty sizable with the second wave in PA. Also still looks really mixy with the cutter. RGEM starting to get into range of the cutter and it's showing some decent front end mix too. GFS seems to be the least enthused overall with front end mixing. Either way probably gonna end up at least an advisory mix event for most of us with that. Gonna be an interesting week. 

Quick OT, That 18z  :weenie: hr NAM looked pretty sizable with the second wave in PA. Also still looks really mixy with the cutter. RGEM starting to get into range of the cutter and it's showing some decent front end mix too. GFS seems to be the least enthused overall with front end mixing. Either way probably gonna end up at least an advisory mix event for most of us with that. Gonna be an interesting week. 

Yeah, NAM looked it would be a monster...heard the EURO was decent. GFS has the third wave further SE, Philly-NYC jackpot....

Yeah, NAM looked it would be a monster...heard the EURO was decent. GFS has the third wave further SE, Philly-NYC jackpot....

Yea we'll see what happens with that, with that trailing wave setup I feel like we could have a lagging frontal boundary that hangs up near the Mason-Dixon somewhere. GFS is probably pressing it southeast more cuz it has had a stronger cutter. 

yep right on the money..5.5" here too.  Snow looked like it was slowing donwn.  Now its really picking up again.

Wow that's pretty impressive, no idea why CTP backed off their 4-6" range in the Altoona area. Probably should report that so they can change their map once again lol. 4.3" up here in Bellwood. Saw a report on CTP facebook about it changing to rain/sleet in Johnstown a little while ago. Think the Altoona area should maintain all snow with the rest of this main precip pushing through..wouldn't rule out some freezing drizzle later on though with any lingering very light precip. 

Wow that's pretty impressive, no idea why CTP backed off their 4-6" range in the Altoona area. Probably should report that so they can change their map once again lol. 4.3" up here in Bellwood. Saw a report on CTP facebook about it changing to rain/sleet in Johnstown a little while ago. Think the Altoona area should maintain all snow with the rest of this main precip pushing through..wouldn't rule out some freezing drizzle later on though with any lingering very light precip. 

LOL..I dont want to confuse them anymore than they are

Im wondering if they had a bunch of school kids in the office today for a visit and let them paint the map lol.

When I was in 4th grade, I was one of those kids. I still have the old school paper map the meteorologist gave me then. It directly impacted me getting my meteo degree. (We didn't get to draw maps)

I think we're getting a little changeover now to some sleet and freezing drizzle.  Snow is slowing down. Ive measured in different areas around the house. 5" seems to be a more accurate measurement.

Its starting to compact that's probably why you lost a half inch from earlier.

Went out and measured - still snowing 2.2" of snow.

I notice that a lot of these snow storms lately have had the tiny or really fine snow flakes. Could someone explain what in the pattern is causing that? Is it just the cold?

Thanks

PSU

Nam & Euro is trolling us I do believe... Ensembles not looking bad.

Archived