joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admire CTP's dedication to keep the maps current. We've had steady light snow since early this morning that doesn't want to accumulate too quickly. Plows went by early this morning (I also admire their dedication to plowing 1/2" of snow) and since then the roads have been in good shape.

Still, according to the radars, SEPA is getting some of the best rates right now. Unless it's once again my distance from all three radar sites (BGM, PHL, and CTP) what looked good coming into the coal region has mysteriously lightened in intensity.

Any reports from Johnstown? I am driving my son back to school from Pittsburgh and back.

Snow is still coming down here. Temp is above freezing but still accumulating.

Def looks to be all snow the whole way. Judging by 511 cams Routes 22 and 219 look to be slushy in spots but not too bad.  Roads probably will start getting worse again after 3 or 4 if the steady snow keeps up as we lose the more direct sun getting through the clouds helping to keep maintained roads fairly clean. 

Def looks to be all snow the whole way. Judging by 511 cams Routes 22 and 219 look to be slushy in spots but not too bad.  Roads probably will start getting worse again after 3 or 4 if the steady snow keeps up as we lose the more direct sun getting through the clouds helping to keep maintained roads fairly clean. 

Okay thanks! Pretty much the same here. 22 is my route.

Based on what I'm reading in the Philly area forum, most of those heavy rates are sleet.

Up to 1" so far. Looking forward to that sun angle dropping out.

At this point, I'd almost take it. I'm tired of getting fringed, and would like to have some heavy preip in the area for once.

Just once I'd like to be the one making reports like this...

As they say it is ripping snow here right now in NW Chester County

As of 1240pm we have 1.3" of snow

Temp is 23.2

Still mod steady snow here w/the temps dropping a bit...25.8 to 25.5F. Radar looks healthy to my west...

2.5" in Lancaster in it is pouring snow.

I swear, I'm getting more intrigued by CTP's constant map changes than this actual storm. Another one just took place :lmao:

I'm starting to wonder if the far north central (NW part of CTP's CWA) towards the US 6 corridor gets that 4-6". Precip has seemed pretty broken up there so far. Other than that there's def no weak spot, as precip shield coverage is very solid across the state.. likely attributing them bumping totals up in the south central. Heck Cashtown already has 3". 

Just a suggestion, why not post links to the camera? some of us may want to watch the action. :)

I would but the 511pa.com site makes it hard to link the cameras. Your clicking a camera on the map and it pops a small window up with the image or streaming video that you can make full screen, but no separate link for each individual camera. 

I think you want lighter precip with this storm, seems like where it gets heavy it has flipped to sleet.

I get what you're saying, but what I was getting at is that I'd almost take the sleet just to get heavy precipitation for once. It's snowing so lightly here that the visibility isn't much lower than it would be if it WAS sleeting.

Archived