SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0z Euro likes next Tuesday for more snow for CTP.

The set up looks similar to the storm we just went through,

With the low passing to our northwest, but this time it brings more QPF.

The snow map per Weatherbell, shows about 6 inches for the LSV and close to 10 for the State College and Altoona crew.

Lots of time and many model runs to go of course, but at least we have

our next storm to track!

Actually, a lot of what Syracuse got was lake-enhanced and even pure lake-effect.

I was only 1 at the time so I have no recollection of that storm. Where I was living near Albany, NY got 27".

Appreciate the correction. I was watching the Weather Channel back then 24/7 (it was worth watching in those days) and I thought I remember them saying that it was Syracuse's biggest all time synoptic snow event.

Keep in mind the big granddaddy of snow was in March of 93. IF you are too young to remember it,  IT was a great storm, it affected everyone here and it left a mark that only one storm has equaled. (Jan 96)

Man, you guys are old :) I was 30 at the time of that storm. What an event. At the time my house sat up on a hill on a dead end road. they didn't plow me for days and then they couldn't plow because of the drifts, they had to use a front end loader, And the only reason they did my road when they did, was the fire chief made them clear my road so i could get to the firehouse. They never cleared my road until Friday. good thing i had plenty of beer.

Ahh yes, we're at that time of year when we all talk about the 93 storm and how the story hasn't changed one damn bit from how we told it last year.

Here's mine: I was 8-years-old. It snowed. Alot. I loved it.

coolstorybro.jpg

I was 24 and snowed in at my parents house w/ my new bride.  Getting to our new home was quite a "treat".  LOVED that storm...and hope for another.

Nut

-2.9 degrees F for my low this morning.  Finally got below -1.  I can't remember if I ever hit -3 during all of last winter.  I don't think I did.  If so, then it's been since around 2009 since I got this cold.

If MDT hit -4 that's sweet.  Coldest reading there since '94??  This month has been incredible.  The first 12 days of the month were close to normal, which makes the significance of the cold beginning the 13th to now unbelievable. 

Ahh yes, we're at that time of year when we all talk about the 93 storm and how the story hasn't changed one damn bit from how we told it last year.

Here's mine: I was 8-years-old. It snowed. Alot. I loved it.

coolstorybro.jpg

Ha, ditto.. I’ll also volunteer to be the one from our generation to post “that storm and the blizzard of 96 really ignited my passion for winter storms/meteorology.”… Which is true… but rehashed annually in some form.

Not gonna lie this winter was not worth the extreme cold we endured, had a great storm in November and the rest were middle road to nuisances. If it would've been avg temps I'd have been stoked with what we received, but it seems like a huge waste of horrible, extreme cold.

And even that one sucked here...we got dryslotted for most of the afternoon.

Ha, ditto.. I’ll also volunteer to be the one from our generation to post “that storm and the blizzard of 96 really ignited my passion for winter storms/meteorology.”… Which is true… but rehashed annually in some form.

I know for me and some of my meteo friends my age the 2005 hurricane season was what got us really fascinated with weather. Record amount of storms with some impacting my location well inland.I think the fact that I saw "An Inconvenient Truth" in theaters at 13 is when my parents knew I had a thing for weather haha.

Archived