SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems overdone on the southern edge. I thought Augusta was supposed to get all rain, but that gives it 3" of snow. It also has snow all the way down to Wilmington, which doesn't seem to be forecasted by anyone else..

Perhaps the southern GA snow arises from the deformation band (of sorts) that is still causing heavy snowfall in AL.

There is still a lot of moisture to our south and west.  We've got quite a ways to go here before this is over tonight, at least for those in the upper half of the state of NC.

C3psaJa.png

Exactly. That's what will bring those mesoscale bands with embedded t-storms.  Going to be a fun night.

6-8", with potential up to 10-12", especially out your way, IMO.  Your area could mix late, though, so it's touchy.  I'd like to go 8-12", but I'm a weenie and am trying to control myself.

I'm no met, though. :)

6-8" is a good bet...although, someone is going to get quite a bit more but it's always difficult to pinpoint exactly where. It's going to be an exciting night with A LOT of precip yet to go.

Van Denton says no mixing for triad, minimal for RDU. Ready to see some heavy late night gulf bands come through

Did he update his map?  I think he only had us at 4-6" before while the other two stations were 6-10" or so.

6-8" is a good bet...although, someone is going to get quite a bit more but it's always difficult to pinpoint exactly where. It's going to be an exciting night with A LOT of precip yet to go.

You think we can make a run at 10"?  The SREF plumes did well with last February's storm and they do have a mean of over 10" with a large clustering in the 10-16" range, so I guess the possibility is definitely there.  It seems like we're getting decent ratios, so we're not wasting QPF.  It should be a fun night.  I'd love to exceed 8" for the first time in 13 years.

I also hope to see some 2-3"/hr rates later on.

Archived