SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dynamics man. Not out of the ordinary for an upper low to produce rapid enough rates to overwhelm the column. It's interesting this particular 500mb low is causing this though, considering it is opening up over the tn valley. Usually these kinda totals only happen under closed lows.

If that verifies, i will be stuck for a bit. LOL. 10-15 inches, but with a sharp dropoff to nothing just south of Sumter.

The Euro crosses at 998 mb NW of CHS. Just a polite 50-75 mile NW jump at zero hour.

I don't buy that jump and don't buy the SFC low coming inland to my NW. We're 6 degrees lower than forecAst and rain looks to solidly lock some cool surface temps during this storm (dropping back into the upper 30's). The EURO has been doing this all winter and will most likely see thw SFC low end up further east and a little south of that latest prog. The baroclinicity still remains decently far enough offshore the Carolinas and i don't see that much of a migration north which helps you upstream in those locations.

I think thundersnow in inevitable.  Taking a nap now so I can hear it all night. Maybe I will be able to bring out my inner Cantore

One of my friends gave me a hard time about the fact that I would act like Cantore if thundersnow happened (I've seen it once, pretty cool, but I didn't lose my mind or anything).  If it happens tonight, I'm def having the fiance' film me out in it doing his dance/speech verbatim...

Archived