• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow to rain obs Saturday-Sunday 2/21-22/2015

famartin

Newest HRRR nails Philly with 7" and significantly cuts back snow far N&W the areas that were suppose to get the heaviest. 4" Lehigh Valley. Current radar trends would verify this.

Still gives a decent 4-6" to the immediate suburbs but like i said these events are unpredictable and something unexpected always seems to happen.

Makes sense.  :axe:  :axe:  :axe:

Although after looking at the national radar I think we cash in on that big batch still back in the Ohio Valley. Further sw/se cashes in on this initial heavy stuff. Not buying the 4" HRRR, already have an inch so that would mean only 3 to go. NOT buying that for a second. 

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not expect to have 3/4" on the ground at 2:30 pm.  Snow is now much finer flakes, but coming down between lightly and moderately.  Very pretty snowfall so far - I'd guess 12-15:1 ratios - nowhere as low a density as the last two, but more than the usual 10:1.  Expect that to change as it warms up some.  Still only 24F here.  

Radar looks great for extreme SE PA....not so much for the n and w burbs.....yet.

'Yet' is the word (we hope), but everything that was ticketed for us at 1 PM was shunted south of us (to Wilmington, DE for example).

25.1 and light snow.  It's been 'paroxysmal' all day, really.  Some heavier bursts, but the at times almost nothing.   Just as I am writing we are up to moderate snow.  Larger flakes.   ~1" on the ground, give or take a tenth.   It looked like it had a lot more potential at 12:30 pm when it was coming down pretty heavily.   That batch in the Ohio Valley could make it here, but the current radar trends are not promising for areas N&W of the city.   A long way to go yet and surprises (good and bad) will definitely be in store

Archived