Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roads will be clear tonight. No black ice. Oh well, only about  330 days til the next opportunity for black ice. No more cold roads either. I am gonna really miss sliding around on that ice.

I guess its time for spring. 49 degrees with a 40 dewpoint. Seems like the downsloping northwest wind is really heating us up big time today.

We should take all the forecast temps for this week and jack em all up 5-7 degrees lol. That SE Ridge is ready to go BIG TIME

Already lost 2.5 inches of snowpack lmao. This will be the fastest snow melt EVER!

46.1. Euro had this nailed yesterday. All of the American models kept us in the 30s

Yeah I figured. snowpack taking a beating, but not as bad as last year when we had a 50f  windy day that melted all of the 17" that had fallen the day before.   Seems we can't keep snow on the ground for a week here.

You're not going to believe this but I just looked at Sterling's storm reports and the guy I was waiting to report came in with 5.5 at 10:19 last night. What is he doing. I live 1 mile from him and have a minimum of 2.5 inches more. The other 2 spotter in the area came in with 7.4. I going with a final total of 8 to keep it in line with other reports. There was also someone who posted on the forum from Hampstead and said he had 8.5 and that was before it stopped snowing.

The other Parkton trained spotter only had 5 when I was already at 6 last night. I think drifting made it tough to get real accurate measurements.

The makings of a sore back:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice piles. But, why didnt you shovel all the snow? You need to get that snow piled up high on the north side of the house! Shovel all the snow you can! Put some where it can create black ice too. You want to slide around on it every morning before that damn sun melts it. Do a Michael Jackson Dance on the black ice! If I was there, I'd shovel ALL of the snow and get it piled up real high on the north side of  sunlight blocking objects. We'd show the New Englanders how to build REAL snow weenie piles!

You did one heck of a great job on that shoveling! Even better for you if you did it all by hand! Who needs a blower anyway? Except old men and this guy up in New England called Jerry lmao.

South facing yards got massacred today. That warmth and high sun angle destroyed the snow. By 5pm I'll be down to less than 50 percent areal coverage. It only took one frackin' day. Damn. The cold front passed thru and the temperature kept right on rising.

I checked the snow depth. Lost 4 inches ouch. Man that was super quick. Today's spring weather canceled out everything I received yesterday FTL. Fastest snow melt EVER! One of the WORST aspects of this warmth today is losing all of the black ice on the roads. Man I was really looking forward to slidin around tonight and watching everyone flail around while I casually walked around on the ice.

Its all gone. Every street is bone DRY.

I'm right back to square one. Damn. I was denied even one frackin' day to enjoy all that ZR on the cold roads. FVCK! We got to have that arctic cold around for a week. The roads were SO COLD, that you could put water on em and it would freeze. One damn day with that sun and now the road is warmer. Now there wont be black ice. Now I wont get to enjoy black ice anymore and I will never be able to get my precious fix. Just when I was fallin in sweet love with that black ice.

The very best winter environment is one where you have solid ice on the road, people are tryin to walk around in super high frigid winds with a severe ground blizzard with winds gusting to 65 mph with snow blowing crazy all over, the wind is blowin ppl along the ice becuase it is so damn slippery and visibility is about five feet in severe blowing snow. And there are these ridiculous Bostonian high snowdrifts that ppl get stuck in, get mired in with their cars and that wind numbs their hands and you cant even see without ski goggles!

I HATE that damn sun so much. I hate heat. I WANT COLD COLD COLD! I want snow and I LOVE ICE. I want 6 inches of ice on all the roads, just so i can go casually jebwalkin' around while everyone else can go flail around and fall real hard. I love high winds. The best high winds are frigid Siberian winds, they tear hell out of everything. I love to watch ppl run from the car to the store or wherever. I adore Winter, cold, crazy high winds, snow, zero visibilities and ICE, ice everywhere, slippery as all hell and ppl flailing all over the place. That would be pure HEAVEN for a Winter Worshipper like me.

Temp continues at 48 degrees despite CAA. Signs of massive seasonal change. Gigantic leap forward today into spring. Snow getting massacred, no mercy being shown. EPO going positive means serious serious business. It's BAD when you got cold air advection and temps stays 48 even with snowpack. We're done with winter. Our next storm will likely be a 5 inch rainer as we shift into the next season.

South facing yards got massacred today. That warmth and high sun angle destroyed the snow. By 5pm I'll be down to less than 50 percent areal coverage. It only took one frackin' day. Damn. The cold front passed thru and the temperature kept right on rising.

I checked the snow depth. Lost 4 inches ouch. Man that was super quick. Today's spring weather canceled out everything I received yesterday FTL. Fastest snow melt EVER! One of the WORST aspects of this warmth today is losing all of the black ice on the roads. Man I was really looking forward to slidin around tonight and watching everyone flail around while I casually walked around on the ice.

Its all gone. Every street is bone DRY.

I'm right back to square one. Damn.

Make your own black ice. Take some of the snow you have saved on the north side of your house and put it in the street. It will melt and form black ice later. You can dance on it and watch cars crash on it tonight.

Down to 46 from a blazing 48. Still 100% coverage in my yard.

The makings of a sore back:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Handsome home.  Tip:  we got a new gas snowblower from Sears.  It was an orphan, two seasons' older model

with multiple mark downs and an extra few percent off for using a Sears credit card.  Runs fine but a simple model, no reverse self propulsion, no night lighting, no heated

handles.  But...under $300...less than half price.  Steal a snowblower on clearance and have a better next winter.  Don't knwo your age, DAS, but as men get older, they should not shovel even if physically fit.

Here is our back deck with  our 9.2".    The smartphone camera chose a funky filter.

Archived