Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The report for Clarksburg is not correct.  I measure at least 5 spots before record it.  according to the reporting below my measurement is off by 3.2"!!  this is simply not true.  I am going to upload pictures next.

...MONTGOMERY COUNTY...

3 SSW DAMASCUS 10.0 537 PM 2/21 CO-OP OBSERVER

1 SE OLNEY 9.0 610 PM 2/21 COCORAHS

CLARKSBURG 8.8 614 PM 2/21 BROADCAST MEDIA

1 ESE NORTH POTOMAC 8.5 545 PM 2/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

Yup.  I just measured 12.1" as we flip to IP.  I just submitted my report to LWX.  Feel free to do the same so they have multiple reports with the right measurement.  This is how I submit mine, you'll have to use Google Earth (or similar) to get your LAT/LON.  Reports go to:  [email protected]

21 Feb 2015 storm report for Clarksburg, MD, 39.209917, -77.320005 at 7:30pm

Snowfall:            12.1"

Second shovel done....heavy snow during most of it then ended with pingers...just a few pingers now...looks to be over for me when this batch pulls east...no way that stuff over the mountains hits me

idk about that....that's where its been coming from all day

AND, it's precipitating all the way to eastern KY across the entire state of WV

believe me, I don't want it either if it isn't going to fall as snow, but the trajectory makes me think it is coming

I'm up to 31..3 with freezing rain.  Pretty lame storm in the part of the world. 

you ended up maybe 10-15 miles too far southeast.  Me and you are often in pretty bad spot for these kind of events, You predicted correctly for your backyard.  I was lucky to end up just within the border of what I consider the good stuff.  But I wasn't too far away from a 1-2" event.  I was pleased, but if I lived in your backyard I might have been frustrated.  

Good to see so many get an enjoyable storm. I feel a bit jinxed this year as I seemingly report the lowest total in each storm, but the good part is that it's an easier cleanup:)

Glad you got a nice storm. Not great here, but was expected. Was delayed here , and ended up mostly sleet and zr after a couple hours of snow, but its kinda cool on top the snow pack. Its funny, many on here were bummed about the Monday night storm, but that one was great here, best of the winter. This one kinda sucked here but was great for I-95 and NW(as expected) Goes to show there really is no "us" in this sub forum.

Archived