Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7:00PM Flurries. 27 degrees. 9.2 inches. .8 over the past 2 hours. I am in a dry slot right now with just some flurries. I hope that slug to the SW comes through as snow. I would love to get to double digits with this storm.

Isn't the western edge out in western WV supposed to dry out as it moves east? Could be totally wrong though.

You were in a jackpot zone of sorts. I battled sleet for a while but I'm still getting some accumulation albeit very light. I'll probably get to 5.5" after the last hour of mod snow (big flakes) and sleet. 

Heaviest hour for me I think was 1.3

i've been getting lucky with bands since last year. That will change. No doubt about it. I'm used to being on the outside looking in. 

I think it's because I speak highly of the gfs. 

A friend of mine commented yesterday that Wunderground was calling for 8 to 12". Anybody else see this and what were they basing their forecast on? As far as I can tell no model except the Canadian had double digit amounts in the immediate metro area. Most models were advertising 2 to 6" , give or take, (assuming 10:1 ratios). Just curious...

Isn't the western edge out in western WV supposed to dry out as it moves east? Could be totally wrong though.

I'm not sure. But I'm not gonna complain about anything. If I get more great. If not. NBD. This was a great storm and I'm over climo for the season. As crappy as the early winter was. Late winter has just been awesome!

UKie has had a very good winter. GGEM has kind of fallen off the map after being decent for a while. 

With the exception of the 00z run of the Euro last night, the GGEM, Euro, and GFS underpredicted the snow around here, with the GGEM performing the best.  The 12z run of the GGEM yesterday is looking pretty good.  I don't have Ukie snow maps so I'm not sure how it did -- it was the wettest of the top four global models, which means it probably did pretty well.

High-res RGEM was way too wet and continuously adjusted totals down until it got something reasonable.  But it doesn't look as crazy today as it did yesterday.

Archived