• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

Sleet mostly now. the snow tried but lost. the freezing rain we had kept the snow cover so there will be a glacier to reflect the tropical sunlight tomorrow

I'm all snow. Brief sleet went back to SN within an hour. Living some sort of cold wedged charmed life not far from your location. Ripping right now.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Illumination lights on the front of the house are burried. Bench seat is in jeapordy. That's how cold the snow has been, 100% of the flakes have passed thru the mesh bench for the past 10 hours.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The report for Clarksburg is not correct.  I measure at least 5 spots before record it.  according to the reporting below my measurement is off by 3.2"!!  this is simply not true.  I am going to upload pictures next.

...MONTGOMERY COUNTY...

3 SSW DAMASCUS 10.0 537 PM 2/21 CO-OP OBSERVER

1 SE OLNEY 9.0 610 PM 2/21 COCORAHS

CLARKSBURG 8.8 614 PM 2/21 BROADCAST MEDIA

1 ESE NORTH POTOMAC 8.5 545 PM 2/21 TRAINED SPOTTER

I didn't forecast, but the snow algorithms I casually looked had from GFS and RGEM were all pretty bullish for DC and esp NW. Were there models that sucked or a sneaky warm layer on any of the soundings? Seems like some are surprised...just curious.

Nam was way too far north with the precip. Euro was dry compared to the GFS. Ukie was on it the earliest....RGEM nailed it short term.

Archived