• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

Disc that dry slot punching from the south southwest, are we doomed? Next heavy batch won't be for another two hours looks like. Guess sleet and freezing rain by then?

Once this band is over I don't have high confidence we will see snow again. Most likely IP/ZR for a crunchy finale.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1:00 Heavy snow 5.8 inches total. Picked up 1.4 inches in the past hour. I just finished my first shoveling of the driveway. The rates dropped off for about ten minutes and I immediately went to a sleet/snow mix. But once the rates increased it went right back to all snow again. At This rate of snowfall I am almost assured to reach the high end of guidance. Just looking at radar I would think 10+ is a lock. The NWS upped my totals to 8-12 FWIW. This snow is much heavier weight wise then the fluff we had earlier in the week. But this is now my biggest storm of the year.

This storm has blown everything else this winter out of the water.  By far, the highlight of my winter.... x10.

Back to pretty heavy snow.  Weird storm how the rates and flake sizes and types keep changing.

Archived