Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you'll be -SN within 10 minutes

I've been getting flurries for the last hour and I've been under green echoes for quite awhile and still at this moment can't see the flakes.  I'm guessing I will see steady snow but also think I'll probably changover to sleet by 2230Z or 2300Z so unlike all the northern and western guys, I don't have much of a snow window. 

Cars already getting stuck on the hill next to my building.  Lots of squiggly tire tracks on the road.

Don't go out if you don't need to folks.

Despite treatment:

A neighbor tried going out of the driveway uphill and slid, finally managed to get back into the driveway facing the other way, lifted the wipers up and went back inside.

If you can say where the cars are getting stuck (street/block), or at least call Arlington's finest at the non-emergency number (703) 558-2222, this could be useful for Your Hill to get Cadillac treatment too.

Edit:  dumb dumb dumb

Little red speedster tried driving up through the snowier part of the road, veered at the top, nearly got collected  by a 4wd speeding up behind it.

Even if Your Vehicle can handle anything, can the vehicle in front of you?

I agree. I touted this as best I could, arctic century old record breaker does not yield to moderate low pressure. It will eventually but very slowly.

I agree with Ji also. Had to work overtime to convince my sister-in-law to get on the road to Philly early. She didn't have much of a sense of timing and urgency based on run-up to start of event. 

Archived