joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 21-22 Storm Obs Thread

snowfan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know all snow would be awesome, but I sure wouldn't mind 3-6 with sleet and freezing rain on top of that. Do that and we have concrete for a week or more even if it is topped off with plain rain. 

Just realized that I still have ~3" to ~4" on the ground from Monday night!  So I have some insurance for when it rains! :snowing:  :tomato:

It started snow here (although VERY lightly) as soon as the radar made it to us here. The DP climbed rapidly as it started, I was at 13.0/-1.8 and it went to 12.8/10.9 within half an hour! Usually there is a 'meeting' of the two, not this time.

Good luck up that way!

You've got pretty good elevation, right?  Radar returns have been overhead for at least the 15 minutes since I awoke and looked, but only virga for me so far.  Cloud deck has definitely thickened in the last 1/2 hour.

That's what I want to hear. I hope you get pummeled

Well the 00Z Euro certainly was bullish and gets the precip here quick, so does the GFS so my angst about hte NAM was probably needless.  The SREF did an about face and now averages 3" for DCA. Time to start watching radar. If the heaier band reaches DCA before 18Z, we're golden. 

I can't believe we're getting a decent snow from a lakes cutter!  If we can get say 4" in northern MontCo it will make up for the 2.8" disappointment from a few days ago (the "Tuesday Turd").  It's funny that we are rooting for a dry slot to zoom in tonight.  That would be the frosting if that happens and saves our new snow.

Clouds thickened and lowered; 16 degrees.

Well the 00Z Euro certainly was bullish and gets the precip here quick, so does the GFS so my angst about hte NAM was probably needless. The SREF did an about face and now averages 3" for DCA. Time to start watching radar. If the heaier band reaches DCA before 18Z, we're golden.

I'm pretty mad at the nam brothers.

Hrrr/rap show dca getting pummeled by noon-1pm. What a lucky storm we have on our hands.

After a low of -2, currently 9.

Hope some of the faster guidance is correct. If so maybe I can pick up a couple inches before losing mid levels and surface, which normally happens pretty quickly in these set ups here with a SE flow. The current snow cover all the way to the coast and very cold temps at the start should help some.

Archived