SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 18-19 Arctic Attack OBS

Wow

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last report for the night. Currently 1.3 with a dew point of -7.4. Should make it a few degrees below zero by sunrise. I noticed on Wunderground that the Shiloh airport about 10 miles to my South-Southwest is already down to -2. The airport is in a low lying area near the Dan River so that explains to low reading as compared to the surrounding reports. 

post-1075-0-16852700-1424416689_thumb.jp

Pretty disappointed with this cold especially after what the models were showing just a couple days ago. We didn't even get close to what we hit last year for a low. Yes I understand it's February but the models 2-3 day verification for the low temps this morning were awful. Had us in the -20's and we only hit -3. Bah humbug

Model forecast lows tonight for Waycross GA.

HRRR:30.

RGEM:10

ECMWF:24

GFS:27

CMC:17

RAP:30

NAM:27

4K NAM:26

UKMET:24

Disaster. NWS went with 20. I'm model hugging whichever model is correct forever. The RGEM must think we have snow on the ground or something. Also not sure what model NWS JAX uses because none of the models show Jacksonville getting into the teens or even close. Maybe the RGEM. HRRR and RAP don't move the temperatures any tonight.

25 was the low. Congrats ECMWF and UKMET and 4K NAM for being the closest!

NWS says we will be 50-60 degrees warmer on Sunday than this morning.

Archived