joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please explain to me what a jebwalk is? and who jeb is? or what jeb is? Thanks

I'm Jeb. When I go out for a walk in the snow, I am doing something known as a 'jebwalk' lol. I usually have headphones on, blasting a song that reminds me of past KU blizzards in the Washington DC region. Basically, any walk that you do when you are having fun doing it, is a jebwalk. Walks on the beach in July are jebwalks. Walks on the beach in tropical storm force winds are jebwalks. Walks in Weymouth, Massachusetts in 11 degree conditions in a thundersnow with near zero visibilities and 8 inch an hour snow rates, are jebwalks, as are walks outside in any conceivable weather condition lol. Last night I enjoyed a leisurely jebwalk in 8 degree weather, while blasting songs on my headphones that reminded me of past snowstorms lol.

Later on today, many of you will be crushed by heavy snow rates. You will feel the intense need to go outside and experience the snow. When you do, you will be going on a jebwalk. If you can, bring headphones along for your walk. Play songs that remind you of past snows. You will find that to be a blast. You can enjoy an excellent jebwalk without headphones, but if you want the full effect, blast your headphones while you walk in the snow. Slide on ice patches like I do! Start an optional snowball fight! Get the entire neighborhood involved if you can!

Simply stated, a jebwalk is any walk outside in any weather you find enjoyable. It's simple, and fun. Thats all there is to it!

Enjoy the storm later today!  :snowing:

I'm Jeb. When I go out for a walk in the snow, I am doing something known as a 'jebwalk' lol. I usually have headphones on, blasting a song that reminds me of past KU blizzards in the Washington DC region. Basically, any walk that you do when you are having fun doing it, is a jebwalk. Walks on the beach in July are jebwalks. Walks on the beach in tropical storm force winds are jebwalks. Walks in Weymouth, Massachusetts in 11 degree conditions in a thundersnow with near zero visibilities and 8 inch an hour snow rates, are jebwalks, as are walks outside in any conceivable weather condition lol. Last night I enjoyed a leisurely jebwalk in 8 degree weather, while blasting songs on my headphones that reminded me of past snowstorms lol.

Later on today, many of you will be crushed by heavy snow rates. You will feel the intense need to go outside and experience the snow. When you do, you will be going on a jebwalk. If you can, bring headphones along for your walk. Play songs that remind you of past snows. You will find that to be a blast. You can enjoy an excellent jebwalk without headphones, but if you want the full effect, blast your headphones while you walk in the snow. Slide on ice patches like I do! Start an optional snowball fight! Get the entire neighborhood involved if you can!

Simply stated, a jebwalk is any walk outside in any weather you find enjoyable. It's simple, and fun. Thats all there is to it!

THANK YOU JEBMAN!

For DC, these are rough estimates, using 10:1 ratios...I could see the case for higher (cold/fatties) and lower (sleet mixing in).

0z NAM - flip time - 6pm, Snow - 3"

0z GFS - flip time - 6:30 pm, Snow - 5.5"

0z GGEM - flip time - 9pm - Snow - 6.5"

0z UKMET - flip time - 7pm - Snow - 3.5"

0z 4kNAM - flip time - 6pm - Snow - 2"

0z RGEM - flip time - 7pm - Snow - 5.5"

If you take out the high/low "outliers",  you get 4.4"....If the euro comes in strong I could see 3-5" for DC as a reasonable forecast.

Hey Jeb,  nice of you to give him a detailed explanation.  I recall a similar one you gave a number of years ago when I was also trying to figure out wth a Jebwalk is...    Just curious, what do you listen to?  Perhaps something like, "Trampled Under Foot", or "DireMaker" or "Dazed and Confused"  (all by Zeppelin), or maybe "Stranglehold" by Nugent?  Hope you cash in on this one so you can add a new song to your playback list.

flip is around 0z for DC, around 0.5" has fallen.

Not sure who else is around...I'll answer any backyard questions if you want...just might take me a couple minutes to come up with a confident answer

Wow, you got back on that pony pretty quickly.  Thanks!

Flip to FRZ or RN?

Archived