joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Mixed Bag of WTF storm thread

Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had Chinese food for lunch here in the office.  Based on the fortune that I received from my cookie I am predicting more than less snow this weekend

My fortune read: "When winter comes heaven will rain success on you."  Since I don't like rain, but love snow, I am going to interpret that as a lot of snow is coming!!!!  Woohoo - bring it on!

Mark

and I am still waiting for my last few warnings to verify, who cares what the NWS forecast is, I care what actually happens and those forecasts often have little to do with that.

Yeah there can be another thread if someone wants to discuss that. This is a model/threat thread not what when how whys of LWX. Pretty much know where guidance is unless they throw up some 8-12 map.

and I am still waiting for my last few warnings to verify, who cares what the NWS forecast is, I care what actually happens and those forecasts often have little to do with that. 

Yeah, no kidding.  Though there have been some really interesting events here, I have not yet technically received warning-criteria (5"+) snow from a single one yet where I am.  Close a couple of times, but not quite.  Strangely enough, depending on how tomorrow actually works out, that could be the first/only one so far that crosses that threshold.

Is this a serious post?  Or are you just looking at DC?

I am referring to the immediate DC area...GFS, NAM, RGEM showed way more than 1-2 and 2-3.  All three showed at least 3-4 in DC itself...but like Psuhoffman said, LWX forecast doesn't matter, what matters is what verifies.

I am referring to the immediate DC area...GFS, NAM, RGEM showed way more than 1-2 and 2-3.  All three showed at least 3-4 in DC itself...but like Psuhoffman said, LWX forecast doesn't matter, what matters is what verifies.

Well, true...but they also put up that watch awhile ago in the area that they deemed had the best chances to meet warning criteria (snow and ice accretion in this event).  I can't argue with them on that.  It's not set in stone closer in to the I-95 area and east.  Now, I won't be surprised if they extend it later this afternoon, and/or put up a large area of advisories east of the watch.  We're definitely in advisory criteria at this point.

This.... just think what would you rather have the  subjective NWS forecast on your side, or the objective guidance?

Checking in from Boston, was in this subforum the past few years (and on EasternWX) but moved up to New England this year. Congrats on this one, guys, looking better and better and y'all deserve a nice snow more than anyone.

Thanks for the good wishes, though a bit early for "congrats" just yet! LOL!  Hopefully it will work out well for us.

What a year to move up to New England, eh?!

Well, true...but they also put up that watch awhile ago in the area that they deemed had the best chances to meet warning criteria (snow and ice accretion in this event).  I can't argue with them on that.  It's not set in stone closer in to the I-95 area and east.  Now, I won't be surprised if they extend it later this afternoon, and/or put up a large area of advisories east of the watch.  We're definitely in advisory criteria at this point.

This season has had models overdo things quite a bit lately.

LWX said in their discussion that they were awaiting 12Z guidance before making adjustments to watches and warnings.  Let the Euro roll in and lets see what comes out in the afternoon package (or sooner!)

I have a

hard time understanding why this matters to anyone. Its not like a watch or warning is going to make it snow in YBY

Archived