• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday SNE Temperature Contest

Quincy

Congratulations to donsutherland1 for winning the contest. He had a total of just 11 error points, or an error of 2.2 degrees per station. JoshPhillipsWx was second and had the closest to zero bias, with a bias of -0.2 degrees. Most contestants had a cold bias. At the time the contest closed, there was an expectation that precipitation and/or clouds would linger later into the day on Sunday, keeping temperatures lower.

post-533-0-52163400-1424650337_thumb.gif

The wildcard was not needed and the scoring for that piece was not included. ACK was not the mildest station. BDL and IJD both recorded a high of 42 degrees. I have not checked every single station, but they appear to be the highest maximum temperatures for the day.

I may update this later on to reflect the scores from the Thursday morning computer model forecasts.

Congratulations to donsutherland1 for winning the contest. He had a total of just 11 error points, or an error of 2.2 degrees per station. JoshPhillipsWx was second and had the closest to zero bias, with a bias of -0.2 degrees. Most contestants had a cold bias. At the time the contest closed, there was an expectation that precipitation and/or clouds would linger later into the day on Sunday, keeping temperatures lower.

attachicon.gifcontest_final_results.gif

The wildcard was not needed and the scoring for that piece was not included. ACK was not the mildest station. BDL and IJD both recorded a high of 42 degrees. I have not checked every single station, but they appear to be the highest maximum temperatures for the day.

I may update this later on to reflect the scores from the Thursday morning computer model forecasts.

Thanks Quincy for starting this contest.

Archived