• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Snow/ice storm disco Feb 21-22

Damage In Tolland

We're getting it pretty good down here. I've been around an inch an hour since about 11:30...and I'm in the snow hole lol. Some places have reported 1.5-2" an hour. 

Nice.  I just heard from my daughter who attends Virginia Tech.  They got 10" this week, and she's back home in Severna Park, MD enjoying more snow now.

I guess she's a snow magnet.  Maybe I should fly her up here.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the LLJ strengthens as it gets up into SNE. It isn't just Worcester on east that sees snow. Look at WV. Stuff is exploding over the Tennessee and Ohio valleys right now under the strongest LLJ and that axis is directed at SNE (NOT ONLY E. SNE). Besides CT looks to see the most snow out of this not the Boston area. You might get more snow than forecast but the highest amounts don't look to shift over your house. Snow growth doesn't even look that good over in eastern areas with 0C line at 850mb being much closer to you guys than over on west. Also the best lift is from 850 to 750 and you guys warm above -4C. That is not ideal for snow growth. Areas further west like BDL have that region closer to -8C. Just my two cents.

Hey man, no stress  :)  

I never wrote (or even implied !) that BOS gets more than BDL.

I'm not competing with you or anyone, the zero sum sentiment is silly especially in this particular setup.

The upstream trends I pointed out are better for CT as well.

Fact is upstream the best forcing over PA looks southeast of where it was progged, and warming looks overdone. Consistent with model trends at 12z.

BOS may do better than initially progged, is all I'm saying.

Not sure where you're from, but look back at my posts this morning, always thought northcentral CT may jack.

The cold is tiresome. Limiting my outdoor time. After this epic year I'm going to try to plan a mid winter warm trip to the tropics each year going forward. Tobago next winter hopefully.

Aruba

South of the hurricane belt, if there's any place that has perfect weather nearly year round, nonstop flight from Boston, highly developed.

Aruba

South of the hurricane belt, if there's any place that has perfect weather nearly year round, nonstop flight from Boston, highly developed.

We have friends that just spent 2 weeks in Tobago. I did some researching. I don't want developed but in this case friendly peaceful people and all you need for relaxation. Looks enticing.

Snowing outside our windows now.

The cold is tiresome. Limiting my outdoor time. After this epic year I'm going to try to plan a mid winter warm trip to the tropics each year going forward. Tobago next winter hopefully.

I have acclimated very well, was out at 6 am knocking icicles down at -7 ,the freshness of deep cold is energizing. The quiet of deep cold is calming.

Radar setting up pretty nice for the greens.  Burst of heavy snow running into the southern spine.  It'll probably backbuild a bit. Could be 6-8 for the resorts.

That's the batch coming through here, too. Its coming down pretty hard, but flakes haven't been great for the most part.  Hopefully that will backfill, as I think this will be the storm for here--at least as far as the RGEM was concerned.  It really didn't add much to the NW after the early round.

I have acclimated very well, was out at 6 am knocking icicles down at -7 ,the freshness of deep cold is energizing. The quiet of deep cold is calming.

Lol...I'm 10 years older. And have been under the wx for a month. So it's been hard. Doesn't mean I don't welcome it. When it approaches. 0 even the dog wants none of it and she's a winter animal.

That's the batch coming through here, too. Its coming down pretty hard, but flakes haven't been great for the most part.  Hopefully that will backfill, as I think this will be the storm for here--at least as far as the RGEM was concerned.  It really didn't add much to the NW after the early round.

We might be pretty much done then :axe:

Could still be more later.  We'll see.

Aruba

snows begun here

OT just got back from 8 days in aruba, 90/79 every day no rain, BBB , it did not suc

I think I would be more worried about a ragged precip shield holding amounts down in BOS vs taint. Heaviest QOF may be south of the city.

QOF? Quantitative Obituary Forecast? Probably will be high since everybody will be jumping off bridges as their snow busts low ;) LMAO

Archived