• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wed Feb 18th Convective Snow Shower Chances

burgertime

I looked at the radar just now and it looked like Sandy Springs was getting a pretty heavy snow shower. I don't know because I'm in Buckhead. I will need to drive back to Sandy Sorings soon. Are the primary roads likely to be ok? Also, my niece goes to school in Sandy Springs. Any chance schools will be canceled? TIA

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked at the radar just now and it looked like Sandy Springs was getting a pretty heavy snow shower. I don't know because I'm in Buckhead. I will need to drive back to Sandy Sorings soon. Are the primary roads likely to be ok? Also, my niece goes to school in Sandy Springs. Any chance schools will be canceled? TIA

Larry -

Our roads are dusty but not treacherous in our neighborhood. I think the dry powdery nature of the snow is a big difference over the usual wet stuff. Our kids's schools are in Sandy Springs (private, not Fulton Co.) and we've received no word of closures or delays. I'm betting they are anticipating problems Friday and are doing everything they can to not pull the trigger prematurely on Thursday.

Larry -

Our roads are dusty but not treacherous in our neighborhood. I think the dry powdery nature of the snow is a big difference over the usual wet stuff. Our kids's schools are in Sandy Springs (private, not Fulton Co.) and we've received no word of closures or delays. I'm betting they are anticipating problems Friday and are doing everything they can to not pull the trigger prematurely on Thursday.

Nice dusting in Buckhead as well.

Nice dusting in Buckhead as well.

Larry -

Artie and Adivan,

Thanks for the reports. I made it home safely to Dunwoody. However, I did see a thin layer of snow in much of the parking areas of the Buckhead apt. complex as I left. On 400 , I saw what looked like a thin layer of snow south of and near 285, where it apparently came down harder.

In Dunwoody, I saw the same in my complex. I may recommend that my niece not go to school out of precaution if they don't close her school, especially due to what I saw south of I-285.

Well...this happened. So does that mean Atlanta has had measurable snowfall this winter? laugh.png j/k

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
434 AM EST THU FEB 19 2015

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM SNOWFALL SET AT ATLANTA...

A RECORD SNOWFALL OF A TRACE WAS SET AT ATLANTA YESTERDAY. THIS TIES
THE OLD RECORD OF A TRACE SET IN 2009. 

Archived