Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wed Feb 18th Convective Snow Shower Chances

burgertime

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep hopefully someone can pull a Cantore and freak out over Thundersnow.  And maybe even get a twofer, I said a twofer!  That would be like winning the lottery.  But in all seriousness I would love to see these convective bands give a clap or two of thunder for someone to here to experience, and it will be possible tomorrow.

Yep hopefully someone can pull a Cantore and freak out over Thundersnow.  And maybe even get a twofer, I said a twofer!  That would be like winning the lottery.  But in all seriousness I would love to see these convective bands give a clap or two of thunder for someone to here to experience, and it will be possible tomorrow.

In 2013 I got lightening and thunder under the band I was in. Hardest snow I've been in, it was more like groupel than snow and it piled up fast. 

This looks never benefits the lee side.

However, should be fun to track.

Sent from my iPhone

Yep! Anybody from HKY , Rutherfordton, to GSP back torwards the mountains , will see nada from this! Now Winston to CLT, to Gaffney and east, could easily score an inch ! It'll be just like summertime, I can look to my east , and see the thunderheads , smh

Yep, I'm pretty sure that type of system is guaranteed to skip over us, Strong.  It sucks, but what can we do?  The same thing happened last year when Charlotte got convective snow from a similar system.

My experience is that these things usually fire up somewhere around the Triad. Sometimes we catch it and sometimes we don't. I'd like my chances if I was in the Triangle but I'm not sure here, just wait and see I guess.

Sounds like the GFS looks good for RDU with some incredible ratios.

He's probably talking about cobb outputs....

150219/0000Z  36  28015KT  24.7F  SNOW   26:1| 1.2|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.045   26:1|  1.2|| 0.00|| 0.00|| 0.06  100|  0|  0

Archived