• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm threat 2/21 - 2/22

JCT777

I previously e-mailed Eurowx and asked them if their algorithm allows snow accumulation when surface temps were above freezing and got this response::

"Yes it does, however it reduces the amounts due to melting as its falling through the atmosphere. At about 40 degrees it doesn't let much accumulate at all."

Also I don't know why the title at the top of the map cuts off sometimes but the pertinent info is also at the bottom.

Awesome. That is really helpful. I was told by a subscriber they didn't but hearing it from the horse's mouth settles that one. It is amazing how much different their ratio-adjusted maps are to the standard WxBell ones

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No the euro is more amped than the others hence why there is less snow. I totally expect it to catch on to the others as it has all year now.

I don't think the Euro is correct here but it's been lapping the field on verification scores recently like old times so I can't agree with all of your sentiment.

Dude...you're concerned w/every model...every temp...every long term storm...everything. Relax, you'll see some good snow tomorrow afternoon/evening. Grab a drink around 4-5pm and enjoy before you have high pressure worrying...damn.

I will consider under 5" a debacle. Burning too much gas on wasted cold for any less

I will consider under 5" a debacle. Burning too much gas on wasted cold for any less

Not at all....it should be a good mod-heavy snow as the sun sets/darkness w/several inches. Take a walk/enjoy and turn down the heat....when you get back you're body will be warmed up and 65 will feel warm inside...really warm.

I don't think the Euro is correct here but it's been lapping the field on verification scores recently like old times so I can't agree with all of your sentiment.

I am talking locally. verification scores have nothing to do with it. it has been awful here on major events. has folded to all of the models under 72 hours in all year long. i've been burned by using it. 72-48 hours out.

Archived