• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Season to Date Totals and Relation to Normal

Zelocita Weather

Yeah, his average in the mid 50s I'd say. Only High Point is 60"+, and just 60-62" at that.

The map you have on your website is quite accurate in regards to average snowfall. It blends well for areas up here to the north of Sussex & W Passaic counties. My average is around 50-52" so I would suspect his is 58" or so.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

41 or so at BDR which is well above normal.  They tend to be on the low side for measurements, so I'd tack on another 5-8 inches to that total for what I've actually had here. 

BDR (Sikorsky Airport out in the Sound) probably averages about 33 or 34 inches per year realistically.  Not very good measurements were taken up until 2008...since then, measurements have been good.

Up the coast at New Haven, they had an average of 37" annually for a long time...and the weather at Bridgeport & New Haven is fairly similar. 

29", 1" still shy of normal. I think parts of Essex county) is the only county between the carolinas and Maine that has not surpassed average snowfall yet. Also largest snowfall was only 5.2"....still a solid winter though with snowcover and cold.

how do you have 5-6" less than ewr?

29", 1" still shy of normal. I think parts of Essex county) is the only county between the carolinas and Maine that has not surpassed average snowfall yet. Also largest snowfall was only 5.2"....still a solid winter though with snowcover and cold.

I'm quite suprised by your numbers as well I'm ten miles away and have 35.2" in west orange I know I have a couple hundred feet in elevation but you may be low

I'm quite suprised by your numbers as well I'm ten miles away and have 35.2" in west orange I know I have a couple hundred feet in elevation but you may be low

Newark had more than me in the 'blizzard' and some other storms that favored E/coastal locations, and you probably beat me on the T-giving storm by 3-4" and a couple others. Just unlucky this year relative to all other areas...

KNYC is only 6.8 inches away from another 40 inch winter. When was the last time NYC hit 40 inches without a KU storm?? Who would've thought this winter could give us 40 inches! Wow!

Last year? :P

Anyway, look at the earlier projections for this winter and look at the actual outcome:

Outlook_map_temp2014F_300.jpg

30dTDeptUS.png

Here is an excerpt from their discussion in the outlook:

Last year’s winter was exceptionally cold and snowy across most of the United States, east of the Rockies. A repeat of this extreme pattern is unlikely this year, although the Outlook does favor below-average temperatures in the south-central and southeastern states.

Such unnecessary absolutism and cringeworthy analysis was being made so early in that line. I mean, what gives you the confidence to declare that in October? Again, compared to actual results so far:

nsm_depth_2015030205_National.jpg

Source: http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2014/20141016_winteroutlook.html

Archived