Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17 2015 Snowfall Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19/-2... Bone dry

Thats going to be the main problem tonight trying to moisten up the atmoshere - a virga storm for a while tonight and will be like pulling teeth to try and get the precip far enough north into the metro before most of it slides off the coast south of us......

Thats going to be the main problem tonight trying to moisten up the atmoshere - a virga storm for a while tonight and will be like pulling teeth to try and get the precip far enough north into the metro before most of it slides off the coast south of us......

18z Canadien with .1 to .2 liquid over the Island and less over N. Jersey...with very good ratios, that translates to 2 to 3 inches out here...in other words, a nuisance event. 

18z Canadien with .1 to .2 liquid over the Island and less over N. Jersey...with very good ratios, that translates to 2 to 3 inches out here...in other words, a nuisance event. 

here is north central nj every storm has been almost a carbon copy of the previous storm a few inches each one  with a little ice thrown in for good measure once and awhile expect more of the same to continue with this one.........

The accumulating band reaching Allentown PA right now has moved about 50 miles north while moving generally to the NE.  If that holds together it should hopefully at least maintain latitude and move east along 78, giving me some snow here in the Edison area (about 10 miles south of the northern edge of the current band) and hopefully giving snow to folks as far north as the southern half of NYC/LI.  If it keeps moving somewhat north, areas north of there could get snow, too.  Of course, the band could fall apart or start edging SE, too - I'm not an expert in this, just looking at current trajectory and projecting...

Is anyone under that main band over Trenton, toms river etc seeing decent snow?

yes - need to go check the Philly forum - accumulating snow looks to be as far north as 78 in PA, near Allentown - same latitude as the Clinton to Plainfield to the northern tip of Staten Island, which is conveniently about 7-8 miles north of my location.  :>)

yes - need to go check the Philly forum - accumulating snow looks to be as far north as 78 in PA, near Allentown - same latitude as the Clinton to Plainfield to the northern tip of Staten Island, which is conveniently about 7-8 miles north of my location.  :>)

I'm in union, nj like 4 miles north of Plainfield, would I be borderline?

yes - need to go check the Philly forum - accumulating snow looks to be as far north as 78 in PA, near Allentown - same latitude as the Clinton to Plainfield to the northern tip of Staten Island, which is conveniently about 7-8 miles north of my location. :>)

Ouch! That blows, the virga snow line is skating ever so gently over me lol

I'm in union, nj like 4 miles north of Plainfield, would I be borderline?

For this band, that could be a very close call, assuming it maintains latitude - could be the difference beween light snow and moderate snow.  But remember, this is just the first band, supposedly.  If places are going to get 2-4", this can't be the only band, as this band would only last an hour or two, unless it keeps being replenished - always thought the main precip would be coming up from the SW or S, given it's a coastal low.  

Looks like that 20-30 DBZ band is about right overhead now in Metuchen - hopefully snow will start shortly...

Archived