joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th-17th Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The re-orientation while the coastal takes over is going to scare a lot of people. Should be fun to watch on radar.

Another met mentioned that earlier this morning. He said the radar would look crappy until the low "took over". No panic here, I am very happy with my 2.7 so far, this is the best pack I've seen all winter :)

The usual suspects.  You can already see it.

I was one of them once. Hated it because I didn't fully understand the wheres and whys. Everything is going according to plan right now. Sure we may all end up a bit lower than we expect and that's always a risk. We can also end up higher. Let the chips fall. 

I'm a little discouraged seeing bands setting up north and south of me. Seems like this year, I can't catch a break no matter how a storm evolves. Maybe the green will eventaully fill in over me but each time it gets close it fizzles.

Has been the exact same here all year and today. Bands look good till they reach the cecil county line,then they weaken or fade out all together.

Wes, I think you are going to do quite well once things take on a more sw-ne orientation. Better than my yard I'm pretty sure.

Certainly that's what the models say but I've been burned so many time seeing the best banding set up north of me even when I'm supposed to be in the heavaier precipitation that I get jumpy in cases like this.  Anotehr met who lives 3 miles from hear called and was lamenting the gap in the better echoes.

Certainly that's what the models say but I've been burned so many time seeing the best banding set up north of me even when I'm supposed to be in the heavaier precipitation that I get jumpy in cases like this. Anotehr met who lives 3 miles from hear called and was lamenting the gap in the better echoes.

Weather lovers are always in the moat or the split or both sometimes.

I'm a little discouraged seeing bands setting up north and south of me.  Seems like this year, I can't catch a break no matter how a storm  evolves.  Maybe the green will eventaully fill in over me but each time it gets close it fizzles. 

You should be in a good spot later when the orientation pivots...I think the details are far from resolved which makes it a combo of fun and anxiety inducing...It is certainly possible that this isn't a warning criteria event....hard to say....The band over me is +SN so hopefully these keep coming and fill in

Archived