joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was what jb was thinking would happen. I believe eventually the models would of come back to that solution

no idea what jb said but the trough is in a perfect position mid week but there is nothing left for it to work with at the surface. Oh well.

My final thoughts on this

Dca 5"

Iad 6"

Ezf 9"

Bwi 4"

Westminster 2.5"

Ric 10"

I hope the the dc south crew enjoys this. But at the same time just as annoying as I am sure the northern md people being worried is to your buzz us being told by the dc area to just relax and assume we're getting it when all the guidance suggests not is also annoying. We don't always win and there were real reasons to be worried up here not just paranoia. This forum covers a large area and unfortunately this isn't a were all in it together storm. I hope we get one soon. I do agree the whining posts, many from me, have no place in the storm thread so I've moved them here.

Love this....70-80" last year and worrying about being a few inches less than bwi and south. if I had to take a stab at this I'd say qpf comes in lighter than modeled.....only slightly. Fredericksburg gets 8". DCA with 6.5" and bwi with 5".

if I was here for it is probably be more chill. But I was up in pa and was too far north for most of those storms so being back was hopeful to cash in this year. Figures this year central pa has 3x what I do. Just bad luck.

if I was here for it is probably be more chill. But I was up in pa and was too far north for most of those storms so being back was hopeful to cash in this year. Figures this year central pa has 3x what I do. Just bad luck.

no idea what jb said but the trough is in a perfect position mid week but there is nothing left for it to work with at the surface. Oh well.

Dca 5"

Iad 6"

Ezf 9"

Bwi 4"

Westminster 2.5"

Ric 10"

I hope the the dc south crew enjoys this. But at the same time just as annoying as I am sure the northern md people being worried is to your buzz us being told by the dc area to just relax and assume we're getting it when all the guidance suggests not is also annoying. We don't always win and there were real reasons to be worried up here not just paranoia. This forum covers a large area and unfortunately this isn't a were all in it together storm. I hope we get one soon. I do agree the whining posts, many from me, have no place in the storm thread so I've moved them here.

I'll take the over on 2.5"

Dca 5"

Iad 6"

Ezf 9"

Bwi 4"

Westminster 2.5"

Ric 10"

Jeezoo 

Central area person weighing in -- I hope some banding helps our northern people end up with good totals too, but I think it's great that lower southern MD to central VA is going to get a good hit.  I grew up in Calvert, so I know how often the southern part of our area gets left out.

If we get a snow-to-rain situation this weekend, the northern folks will do better than the rest of us.

i like the calls up north, but not sure if central va will get a foot.  i'm not convinced this will be a situation where central md necessarily does worse than being closer to the low.  think it will depending on where that northern shield sets up.  i'd go 4-8" from here to richmond.  just my smaller than 2 cents.

Central area person weighing in -- I hope some banding helps our northern people end up with good totals too, but I think it's great that lower southern MD to central VA is going to get a good hit.  I grew up in Calvert, so I know how often the southern part of our area gets left out.

If we get a snow-to-rain situation this weekend, the northern folks will do better than the rest of us.

I am in your neck of the woods, think we are in a good spot?

I love how Harrisonburg, VA always gets the enormous snow hole/snow block.  You can see it on the WUSA9 high res radar now, just look for the enormous hole in the precip. 

As a former JMUer, used to love hearing about how everyone else got 7 inches while we got 1.5.  During the 2003 storm, UVA and VaTech both had about 24".  JMU got about 9".

Starting to look like we might be joining you this go around. RAP and HRRR both want to keep most of the serious moisture from infiltrating into the area until late in the game.

I love how Harrisonburg, VA always gets the enormous snow hole/snow block.  You can see it on the WUSA9 high res radar now, just look for the enormous hole in the precip. 

As a former JMUer, used to love hearing about how everyone else got 7 inches while we got 1.5.  During the 2003 storm, UVA and VaTech both had about 24".  JMU got about 9".

Archived