joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 16-17th Storm Banter Thread

Bob Chill

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am recovering from last night drinks, but no way I could sleep now anyway.  To me, the 24 hours leading up to the storm is the best..its storm foreplay for what I have been waiting for the last year.  Yaay! 

:lmao:

Well it has been exciting following the models today, especially since it's been good news.  Just over a day ago, we were looking at almost nothing, or maybe a light amount if lucky.

Seriously tho since this finally figured out what it's going to do it's reminded me of storms I saw in New England.. the west to east pass with a solid warning snow and no mix concern was fairly common up there. Not so much here.

It is falling at a good time, that's for sure. If it was Tuesday your commute would suck.

Assuming this event goes as it looks now, I would not be surprised at a gov't closure Tuesday.  I wouldn't mind, as I might miss a meeting or two! :)   Or, if not that, most certainly the optional telework/unscheduled leave.  I can about guarantee schools will close.

:lmao:

Well it has been exciting following the models today, especially since it's been good news.  Just over a day ago, we were looking at almost nothing, or maybe a light amount if lucky.

Agreed, a couple of days ago I could have kicked puppies (I wouldnt, of course) but its sad how something to track puts me in an awesome mood.  I need therapy.

Assuming this event goes as it looks now, I would not be surprised at a gov't closure Tuesday.  I wouldn't mind, as I might miss a meeting or two! :)   Or, if not that, most certainly the optional telework/unscheduled leave.  I can about guarantee schools will close.

I can guarantee schools will be closed and there will be master debating about it for hours in the banter thread.

Seriously tho since this finally figured out what it's going to do it's reminded me of storms I saw in New England.. the west to east pass with a solid warning snow and no mix concern was fairly common up there. Not so much here.

That is one remarkable thing about this event.  While everyone is hashing out the various model ticks here or there, I think many haven't paid much attention to how cold it's going to be!  I'm trying to think of the last time it was that cold for the whole event like that, gate to gate.  PD-II comes to mind, though obviously that was a different scale of event and we did mix despite the cold surface.  January 30, 2010 of course, too.  But yeah, it's not the most common here.

:o . The frustrating thing about this winter was that it was like the person who is really good at starting foreplay early in the day only to lose interest suddenly and pull the rug when you get home. It's nice when you know you're almost a lock to round the bases.

I miss those so much. It is amping my enjoyment of this x10.

Oh my, ^---so this!  Exactly

I wouldn't be surprised to see Euro cut back a bit from 12z - which will for sure send some into a frenzy if they went from 8-10" to 5-7".  

I bet the Euro stays the same. But what do i know, i actually thought the Wizards had a good enough team to go to the Eastern Conference Finals.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Euro cut back a bit from 12z - which will for sure send some into a frenzy if they went from 8-10" to 5-7".

I'll lose my **** worse than mapgirl did if it looks like the RGEM.

But I don't think it will. I expect something along the lines of the UKMET

Agreed, a couple of days ago I could have kicked puppies (I wouldnt, of course) but its sad how something to track puts me in an awesome mood.  I need therapy.

I haven't forgotten the event two weeks ago, Super Bowl weekend, either.  That one probably hurt the most this year as far as missing.  I still remember the Thursday night 00Z runs before that all came in too far north, and you just knew it was over.  And of course, BOS got hammered by that one while we got 35 and light rain.

Yeah, therapy!  I have to wonder why I had to like snow so darned much sometimes!  But it is fun, and fun to follow...not to mention taking lots of photographs.  Got the camera ready again for this one (hopefully for good reason!); it somehow survived the blast of wind and cold yesterday evening (can't say the same so much for my hands)!  Which reminds me, I should post a couple in the Flizzard/Wind thread or something when I get a chance.

I'll lose my **** worse than mapgirl did if it looks like the RGEM.

But I don't think it will. I expect something along the lines of the UKMET

I somehow don't think the Euro will be quite as good as it was at 12Z, but think (hope?!) it will be similar.  I think the 12Z run was about the best case scenario that we saw.

That is one remarkable thing about this event.  While everyone is hashing out the various model ticks here or there, I think many haven't paid much attention to how cold it's going to be!  I'm trying to think of the last time it was that cold for the whole event like that, gate to gate.  PD-II comes to mind, though obviously that was a different scale of event and we did mix despite the cold surface.  January 30, 2010 of course, too.  But yeah, it's not the most common here.

Yeah impressive. May be about the same as Jan 2010 given late start but much colder early tomorrow than that event was to begin. 

I'd be surprised if I don't beat that one here.. perhaps by a bit. Nothing of real concern tonight. There's still a potential issue or three but none that would totally kill us around here at least. I don't see any reason not to lean high or higher than consensus at this pt except in the caution area north.  .6-.7 from UK/Euro in a cold event.. strong. They're probably missing local maxes at the least. They could be high by .2 and still few worries.

:o . The frustrating thing about this winter was that it was like the person who is really good at starting foreplay early in the day only to lose interest suddenly and pull the rug when you get home. It's nice when you know you're almost a lock to round the bases. 

I miss those so much. It is amping my enjoyment of this x10.

Oh my, ^---so this!  Exactly

Yup, pretty much!  It's not only like pulling the rug or losing interest, but also saying "F-you, I'm outta here (and off to Boston)!" on top of it! :lol:

Not once this winter have we had something that was pretty much a lock.  Even the over-performing clipper wasn't the same, though that was quite fun.  Well, last night's blast was pretty neat too.  But we haven't had a good warning-criteria lock yet.

A sure sign of the worm turning is when a high post count sne member drops in. Getting boring up there

Yeah, especially if they're congratulating us and hoping we get slammed!

Meh, I guess it's boring for them in their forum, what with nearly 80" in the past 3 weeks (I think that's pretty close to what they got since the last part of January, seriously)!

Yup, pretty much!  It's not only like pulling the rug or losing interest, but also saying "F-you, I'm outta here (and off to Boston)!" on top of it! :lol:

Not once this winter have we had something that was pretty much a lock.  Even the over-performing clipper wasn't the same, though that was quite fun.  Well, last night's blast was pretty neat too.  But we haven't had a good warning-criteria lock yet.

And that's what it feels like, Boston's the bit$# that stole my man.  That's ok, some snow will make it feel better :)

Archived