• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17th Storm II

stormtracker

Has there been an update?  The one I posted is stale, I just don't think it had been posted yet since it was updated

Updated winter storm warning for DC now calling for 6 to 10 inches of snow

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

950 AM EST MON FEB 16 2015

DCZ001-MDZ013-014-016>018-504-506-VAZ054-162300-

/O.CAN.KLWX.WC.Y.0008.000000T0000Z-150216T1500Z/

/O.CON.KLWX.WS.W.0005.150216T2300Z-150217T1700Z/

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-CHARLES-

ST. MARYS-CALVERT-CENTRAL AND SOUTHEASTERN MONTGOMERY-

CENTRAL AND SOUTHEAST HOWARD-ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON...ANNAPOLIS...WALDORF...

ST MARYS CITY...ROCKVILLE...COLUMBIA...ELLICOTT CITY...

ALEXANDRIA...FALLS CHURCH

950 AM EST MON FEB 16 2015

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING

TO NOON EST TUESDAY...

...WIND CHILL ADVISORY IS CANCELLED...

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...6 TO 10 INCHES.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame we couldn't get a bit more tilt southwest to northeast on this to bring some of that heavier qpf up this way from eastern VA. Could have been a nice 10-16 inch storm, maybe even slightly more, with the ratios we should get.

it's too far out ahead of the h5 trough digging in. The flow is too progressive and too close behind the last storm. That's why I was always rooting for the second wave. This one had a cap on its potential and I'm even a little surprised it got as far north as it did but given the flow the end of the north trend and shift south now doesn't surprise me. The trough is digging nice if this had waited a day it could have been a nice storm that really came up the coast.

I smell disappointment from DC north, I think DC gets 4", Baltimore gets 2-3". RAP and RUC are really discouraging. WWA should be posted later for Northern MD. I feared this all along

The RAP looks fine....I wouldn't put too much stock in RAP/HRRR toward the end of their runs...don't take them too seriously more than 6 hours out...

I'm nitpicking here, but there is no such thing as the RUC anymore.   perhaps some site never updated its labels when the RAP replaced the RUC a few years ago.

I smell disappointment from DC north, I think DC gets 4", Baltimore gets 2-3". RAP and RUC are really discouraging. WWA should be posted later for Northern MD. I feared this all along

Only we go from being too warm all winter to being too cold. ;)

welp, I looked back at the 2/10/10 bliz and obs at BWI were mod and heavy snow with only .02 and .03 falling

if you look at Boston's obs over the weekend once the arctic air filtered back in, they had the same thing, so maybe qpf with these temps aren't as bad as I'm used to thinking

http://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KBOS.html

Archived