• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16-17th Storm II

stormtracker

I'm still bullish. Probably thru your area tho someone's going to be unhappy on that edge.. Hopefully people who aren't supposed to be in our sub forum.

We've been at this a long time. You a good bit more than me. The northern edge is never set in stone until its done snowing.

Your yard is looking like a lock for 6". Double digits is still looking good for someone nearby.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is 8" for DC factoring in ratios and stuff. Def. higher end of some forecasts, and I personally would go with 5-10" for DC.

I'm not too sure what to expect from this storm to be honest. Feels like it could bust easily in a GFS/GGEM scenario....I would like to see double digits, but maybe that is a reach now. I guess 6-8" would be nice.

I'm sure the MD border folks will still freak out though.

Wouldn't you if dca was sitting on the northern fringe of decent qpf needing one more slight nudge north and instead the last two runs either held or if anything sunk south 20 miles. Sometimes it seems like you think were immune from a miss up here but there have been southern sliders that gave dc 6" and mostly nothing up here. One of the analogs popping up from feb 96 is an example where dc got 9" and Manchester 2-3". I am very happy that dc and va look to cash in but at the same time of course I want another 50 mile north move so I can enjoy this too.

State College has upped amounts to 3-7" for York and Gettysburg -- looking better for our northern MD folks!

Nice to see the warning to the border.

every piece of guidance the last 12 hours has trended south a bit. Just brcause nws goes bullish does not make things look better. I would much prefer to have the guidance looking better and nws being bearish. I think nws is relying on the usual last minute north adjustment. Ctp did this a few times last year when I was living in pine grove pa and on the fringe a few times. The results were less then inspiring. It worked out I the feb 3 storm but all the others the famous north adjustment never happened and they busted high on their northern fringe zone.

every piece of guidance the last 12 hours has trended south a bit. Just brcause nws goes bullish does not make things look better. I would much prefer to have the guidance looking better and nws being bearish. I think nws is relying on the usual last minute north adjustment. Ctp did this a few times last year when I was living in pine grove pa and on the fringe a few times. The results were less then inspiring. It worked out I the feb 3 storm but all the others the famous north adjustment never happened and they busted high on their northern fringe zone.

agree. The modeling carries more weight

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC
357 AM EST MON FEB 16 2015

.SHORT TERM /TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY/...

TNGT WL BE WHEN THE BULK OF THE SNOW FALLS IN THE MID ATLC. BLV
THE 03-09Z TIMEFRAME WL BE WHEN THE HVIEST FALLS...TAPERING OFF
QUICKLY IN THE W LATE TNGT/AFTR SUNRISE IN THE E. W/ LOW TRACKING
ACROSS THE CAROLINAS THERE WL BE PLENTY OF COLD AIR IN THE
COLUMN...WHICH IS WHY SNOW IS THE ONLY CONCERN. GIVEN HOW COLD THE
AIR WL BE LIQUID/SNOW RATIO WL BE HIGHER THAN THE STANDARD
10:1...PERHAPS 15:1 OR HIGHER. THE LIMITING FACTOR ON TOTALS WL BE
THE SPEED W/ WHICH THE LOW TRANSITS THE RGN.

WE ARE FCSTG ARND 8"FM AUGUSTA TO CALVERT...6-8" FM SHENANDOAH TO
ANNE ARNDEL...5-7" FM GRANT TO HARFORD. THE COUNTIES FM FRED MD TO
HARFORD HV BEEN ADDED TO THE WINT STORM WRNG..AS HV JEFFERSON...
FRED VA AND GRANT WV. AN ADVSRY HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR OUR WRN MD AND
PTNS OF ERN WV COUNTIES.

Archived