• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb. 16-17 Winter Storm Obs Thread

Blue Ridge

Not that it matters long term, but currently we are sitting at 32* according to my weather station. The moderate rain has let up to a light rain with sleet mixed in. About 1 mile from Georgia line. Doesn't feel that chilly outside but it would be great to somehow drop a degree or 2 somewhere around town just to get a slight glaze on a few roads to maybe cancel work.

With that said, work won't cancel. We would have to have major parts supplier issues to slow us down.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1234, boy are we close in gate city if those maps are correct...I'd rather be in Fort Blackmoore (can't say I've said that often) lol. But per those maps we'd be in for a good time if the nose doesn't go west by 15 miles or north by 15 miles

EDIT: also known as Northwest

I have a feeling we will stay snow for the entire event. It's really picking up now.

Stove, on Jag's map, the red line is just above Knoxville. Does that mean we're in the ice area also (or more so)? My ex-husband's daughter is on her way here from Turkey Creek. I hope that area is less frozen than your street. She may take a ride down my hill straight into a dumpster. I hope not. :)

Stove, on Jag's map, the red line is just above Knoxville. Does that mean we're in the ice area also (or more so)? My ex-husband's daughter is on her way here from Turkey Creek. I hope that area is less frozen than your street. She may take a ride down my hill straight into a dumpster. I hope not. :)

Ice looks to be the predominate issue here until the snow hits on the backside, according to local mets.  Right now cars seem to be making it ok here in my neighborhood just south of 40.  Roads are very wet with some minor glazing in spots.  Temp keeps hovering at 26 degrees.  I imagine she will make it ok if she drives slow.  As the day progresses it will likely get very dangerous though.

32* and a sloppy mess in NW corner of AL on the AL, MS, TN border. Mostly rain but some freezing occuring. Was supposed to get up to 42* according to TWC and 39* according to NOAA. Stuck at 32* and they just changed the high today to 35*

Archived