Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb. 16-17 Winter Storm Obs Thread

Blue Ridge

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reports of a lot of zr in Gallatin, TN where it was suppose to be snow. It's 24 degrees there. Sounds absolutely brutal there. I hope they switch to sleet and snow.

I am about ten minutes from Gallatin been at about 24 since this all started and there seems to be very little sleet mixed in now, mainly freezing rain; I think we can take about another hour of this before we start having issues; if this doesnt change over there is going to be a huge mess as we will likely be losing power.

Middlesboro has managed to start as snow per their obs. So it appears to pretty much be the Ky border as the dividing line between snow or no for now. I'm in what I assume will be a narrow sleet zone, with Crossville/Nashville reporting freezing rain at their latitude.

That's gotta be nasty to have freezing rain at such low temps.

Salt and pepper flakes falling have been falling for about 30 mins. Really light. Bays Mtn is getting a slight haze on it. Basically, means that the deck is dropping.

Thanks for checking in. I noticed the heavier returns over the Tri-Cities and wondered if anyting was reaching the surface.

26 and overcast here.

Archived