Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 16th - February 17th Snow/Ice Storm OBS

superjames1992

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dew point has already gone up by 2 degrees in about 15 mins while the temp has dropped by 1 degree since the sleet started. Let's hope it continues. 

if you don't want me to do this, please let me know but temp is now down to 33.4 and Dews now gone up to 13. So in 30 mins, Dews has gone up 4 and temp has come down 1.5 degrees. 

I am embarressed to say that I haven't a clue. My outside thermometer blew down and broke last fall and I never replaced it. My car and the bank sign both said 37 about 20 minutes ago.

It has probably dropped since then with the moisture. You can go to weather underground and it would give you somewhat of a temp. 

Nothing but cold rain on the Powdersville side of Easley here. Nothing new with that though, we never get a break...

Gotta give time for your temperature to wetbulb... latest HRRR now shows subfreezing temperatures should get entrenched in Pickens and northern Greenville County for the duration of the event. With 0.75-1" of liquid precip forecast, this could turn into a devastating ice storm. 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/hrrr/hrrr_ncep_2mtemp_flt.php

weMFi4n.png

Wow..

Also, thanks for placing these on your site.

Very helpfull!

Gotta give time for your temperature to wetbulb... latest HRRR now shows subfreezing temperatures should get entrenched in Pickens and northern Greenville County for the duration of the event. With 0.75-1" of liquid precip forecast, this could turn into a devastating ice storm. 

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/ppapin/lb13_img/hrrr/hrrr_ncep_2mtemp_flt.php

Archived